NAD - VHT Content!

• Thread starter iff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iff

Reaction score
Picked up this Deliverance 120 from FedEx today. This thing is seriously TIGHT. Whoever says it doesn't have enough gain is absolutely insane. I haven't really pushed it yet, but this amp is LOUD. The volume jumps at low volumes are pretty huge and I can only imagine what it's like cranked. 4 KT88's FTW :cop:

IMG_5902.jpg

And another, somewhat pointless photo, just backed up a couple meters and with some more gearss.

IMG_5901.jpg

Good stuff!

And last, but not least, thanks to brian_ward on Harmony Central for the smooth transaction :thu:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats man. The Deliverance 120 is a gem. Sounds amazing cranked and really takes to boost pedals well too. Enjoy!

nosgulstic

Reaction score
I love my Deliverance, although mine is the 60, it has a ton of usable gain but i think it sounds better with the more switch on and the gain around 9 + a boost in front. Anyone else have the treble in theirs really low?

iff

Reaction score
I love my Deliverance, although mine is the 60, it has a ton of usable gain but i think it sounds better with the more switch on and the gain around 9 + a boost in front. Anyone else have the treble in theirs really low?

For the gain, I have it on More, with both knobs around 2 o'clock and it's plenty brutal with no boost as of yet. :yesway:

My treble is around 11 o'clock and I'm sure it could get a bit ice-picky at higher volumes.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I see you're in Ottawa! That's not too far from my hometown (2 hrs).

I've tried the D60, it was a fantastic amp. Congrats on your D120!

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
really nice amp there. still trying to find one to put through the paces round here. congrats!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Most amps I see only have 3 EQ knobs per channel :lol: Unless you get into shared EQ, in which case this amp has more of an EQ/channel ratio :lol: Hell, it even has 2 gain knobs, and presence and depth.

I don't think I could ever deal with a 1 channel amp though, even if the VHT stuff cleans up nicely with soft picking/rolling back volume knob.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The D120 is a lot more versatile than what meets the eye. The amp allows you to not just dial in the amount of gain, but also the character of the tone. When the 'Gain I' control is turned counter-clockwise you get a crisper, tighter sound. When you turn it clockwise you get a more liquid/thick sound. Then with 'Gain II' you dial in the overall level of saturation. There are a lot of really cool combinations available. Also the presence/deep controls are very responsive as well.

My bandmate uses a D120 live and his tone is crushing. It's definitely one of the most underrated amps out there, but certainly it is not as flexible as the Pittbulls or Sig:X.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
That sounds pretty interesting. They should make a 2-3 channel version :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That sounds pretty interesting. They should make a 2-3 channel version :lol:

They kind of do, it's the Sig:X :) You can get a lot of the Deliverance tones on the Sig:X + a lot more.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, didn't know that. Figured the Sig X was modeled more after the Pittbulls.

')