NAD!!!! WW2 plane content?!?!?

7stringDemon

Reaction score
As you all may know, I've been needing a head really bad but I wanted to get something nice. Like an ENGL or an EVH or something.

However, after getting into an accident, I couldn't afford a Powerball II so I settled with something else until I could afford my next head. And I shouldn't say that I settled. Because this thing is fucking awesome!!

Anyway, here it is. B-52 AT-100 Triple Rectifier head. Completely retubed! I know that the Sovtek 6L6's are taking up the poweramp section but I don't know what's in the preamp. I'll look again later. Getting my Genz Benz cab back in a couple days and I'll try and see if I can post clips.

Oh yeah, and here's the part where you're all going to be jealous.

$200 used!!! GREAT condition!!!!!

On to pics!!!

b52-front.jpg

TUBES.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Oh, and sorry for the shitty pics.

Not bad for a Droid though, eh?

By the way, I've NEVER been to Canada. Nor am I of Canadian descent. I just wanted the flag :lol:

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Oh it's high gain all right. And way tighter than a Recto. Can't say it's built as well but I'd say that it might sound better. Brutal distortion, awesome crunch and A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. cleans!

Mine's retubed though so I can't comment on the stock ones. I just know that the tubes in the stock ones got REALLY warm and could actually burn you.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
These were designed by Bruce Egnater and are underrated. Good deals for the money, grats man! Boost that sucker!

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
These things are the shit if they've been retubed and you want that "sound." I kind of regret getting rid of mine.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear mine through my cab :D

And if you miss it, get it back. Obviously, they're cheap as fuck!

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Never knew that. That's awesome. :D

Yeah I had the matching cab and loved it and kind of miss it. Best $80 I ever spent. Sold it to go to a bachelor party in Vegas... :lol:

But yeah these amps are referred to as the "poor man's recto" but I've heard they're really more hotrodded Marshall than big low end Recto. Very cool nonetheless.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well, at least you have a Randall cab with G12K-100's now, right? :D

If its a hot-rodded Marshall, I think I'd like it more. I love Marshall-esqque tones over the Dual Recto tones, to be honest. :)

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear mine through my cab :D

And if you miss it, get it back. Obviously, they're cheap as fuck!

They're also heavy as fuck and I'm a college student who needs to be mobile a lot. :lol: That's why I sold it in the first place.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Nope. Speakers in the Randall are actually wired in :(

And mine is no hot-rodded Marshall. This thing gets teh br00tz!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Never said hot-rodded Marshalls can't get brutal. Listen to the first 3 Fear Factory albums and the JVM series amps. :D

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Well, at least you have a Randall cab with G12K-100's now, right? :D

If its a hot-rodded Marshall, I think I'd like it more. I love Marshall-esqque tones over the Dual Recto tones, to be honest. :)

haha yes... but they're actually G12H-100s. The K-100s have more bass lol! which is the last thing my Randalls need :lol:

and yeah hot-rodded Marshall is awesome too. I wonder what happened to Dino's original amp...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
haha yes... but they're actually G12H-100s. The K-100s have more bass lol! which is the last thing my Randalls need :lol:

and yeah hot-rodded Marshall is awesome too. I wonder what happened to Dino's original amp...

Well derp on my part. :lol:

Its probably in some guy's amp room right now. I remember seeing someone with one of the other JCM800's on the Jemsite forums, and a lot of people thought he was the theif. :lol:

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Well derp on my part. :lol:

Its probably in some guy's amp room right now. I remember seeing someone with one of the other JCM800's on the Jemsite forums, and a lot of people thought he was the theif. :lol:

They like to do that over there :lol:

I love that place but some of the guys there are nuts. And it's a really slow forum. Not a lot of activity.

')