Nailbomb 7 problems, Wiring?

• Thread starter Jims
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jims

Reaction score
Sorry for making a help post like this, my current list of posts aren't the most contriubtive, but I swear I'll stop lurking and get down to making usefull comments sometime
Be nice :')

Just put this on the bareknuckle forums and didn't see anyharm in putting it on here aswell, thanks in advance if I get any answers :)

Basicly I recently bought a used guitar, but the nailbomb was wired in wrong, all I have is the nailbomb in the bridge and the volume pot, I've attempted to fix it (Originaly all the wires were just on the volume pot, and it was coil split or something?
icon_neutral.gif
) I currently have the red directly on the pot, the green and white wrapped into each other, the others go to earth (I think), now to my eyes this seems right on the wiring diagrams I can find.

But to no avail, all though the pickup is meaty as hell, its still not go as much output as me or my guitar teacher expected and its buzzing, espicialy near electrics, which leads me to believe its still either split, or something I'm unsure of, such as it not been earther propely.

I have two types of buzzing, one is prominant and seems like an earth problem to me, where as in if I touch the jack it goes away but not if I touch the strings and the other gets extremely loud near electrics and such, all this and the pickup not been as high output as I expected currently lead me to believe somethings wrong.

Anyone have any ideas for whats going wrong here? I only want it wiring to the volume pot.

Cheers, Jim.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jims

Reaction score

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Sounds like you're got a 4 conductor and your guitar isn't grounded properly. Is your guitar equipped with 1 or 2 pups? Volume/Tone? With BKPs, you follow the same wiring colour codes as Peavey's pups. Red to the selector switch (if you have one). Green and White are the splittable coil option, which in your case sounds like you're trying to avoid, so tape em together, or even better heatshrink em together. The black and bare wire both go to ground on the back of the pot. If your guitar doesn't have a selector switch and only one pup, you need to take the red wire straight to the left tab of the volume pot (as you look at the bottom of the pot, with the tabs facing towards you).

Go here and check the pickup colour coding:

Wiring Diagrams - Seymour Duncan/Basslines

')