Name the one non-seven string guitar you'd love to own...

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
1 more exception, it can't be a guitar known for hard rock/metal :)

My choice? A Rickenbacher 12-string electric guitar. Ever since I heard the song "Heaven Coming Down" by the Canadian band The Tea Party, I've been wanting to get one of these things and play it through a really warm tube combo, like a Matchless or a Rivera, or a Mesa Lone Star. The guitar part at the beginning of that song is one of the prettiest yet dirtiest guitar sounds I've ever heard... absolutely beautiful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
An electric sitar - sounds soooo cool!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been dying to get a 10 string Chapman stick...

Otherwise...
Wouldnt mind that Ibanez Artcore w/ a floating bridge.

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
An explorer shaped guitar. ESP, Gibson, whatever.

Either that or a flying v shaped one.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Interesting thread.

A beat up tele. I'd been half-looking for an old trashed vibey specimen for kind of a while until I stumbled across a white '71 in a used instrument shop in Cambridge, right off porter square. Man, that was a seriously cool guitar... the body was chipped up, the headstock was blackened where someone had left a burning cigarette stuck behind the tuning peg... If I was in a blues band I'd have taken it home with me that night, but as it was I couldn't justify $1100 on a six string, and it was gone the next time I went in.

Teles rock.

-D

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
My choice? A Rickenbacher 12-string electric guitar. Ever since I heard the song "Heaven Coming Down" by the Canadian band The Tea Party, I've been wanting to get one of these things and play it through a really warm tube combo, like a Matchless or a Rivera, or a Mesa Lone Star. The guitar part at the beginning of that song is one of the prettiest yet dirtiest guitar sounds I've ever heard... absolutely beautiful.

Good call :D I love that song/tone. I'm a huge Tea Party fan, have all their albums (including a couple live bootlegs, their EP, their Indie CD, and a promo CD single for "These Living Arms" :lol:).

For me, those Baritone Telecasters that Fender makes look really cool, a 12-string of some kinda (maybe a double-neck), and a few acoustics in various string configurations (6/12/7/14?).

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
telecaster90 said:
An explorer shaped guitar. ESP, Gibson, whatever.

Either that or a flying v shaped one.

whoops, didn't see this

"1 more exception, it can't be a guitar known for hard rock/metal"

Um..in that case, prolly a Mandolin. Those things rule. A Mandolin or an Ibanez Artcore.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have it. A strat. It's a must in my arsenal. I rarely pick it up as I should.
I'd like to have a new strat.
:cool:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I always wanted a Strat(dang you Flo), and a Les Paul, but if I could I would love one of those Gibsons, fat bodies hollowed F's, or even the thinner ones, like BB King's

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Godin Multiac steel string. Awesome guitar!

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
1 more exception, it can't be a guitar known for hard rock/metal :)

What kinda crap is this?? No 7-string? No metal?

I'm boycotting this thread. :fawk:

jufob

Banned
Reaction score
Flip-out Strat from Dewey Decimal that is, if he decides to build a flip-out seven-string strat, I then will be forced to upgrade. For me to consider getting a six-string it would have to be ridiculously radical and that qualifies.

MyOwnEffigy

Satan's Scallion
Reaction score
I've wanted a Gibson SG for sometime now, but I'd gut the pickups, because I don't like Gibson pickups that much. I'd fill that beast up with some DiMarzio lovin'. And, if possible, get that rosewood fretboard gutted in favor of a maple. Its so hard to find a guitar prepared just the way you'd like it. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
')