Name the one non-seven string guitar you'd love to own...

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
A gibson L5-S, unless Keith Richards counts as hard rock, but hell most of you probably dont even know the L5-S.

Id go for most of the finer jazz box type guitars though, even though I cant/dont play jazz, I just LOVE the way they look.

Id also cream for one of John Lennons Rics.

Also, having the original Merle Travis solidbody would also rock some serious colon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ibanez used to make an Artist doubleneck with a swampash body, bound ebony boards, and very ornate vine inlays in the fretboards. Denny Laine from Wings played one in the 70's. I believe there may only be twelve of them, but I'm not sure. That would do it for me. My wife has been told repeatedly over the last 10 years that if I ever see one for sale I will buy it. Here's a link to an old B&W pic of one:
http://www.blonker.de/doppel2.htm

jim

Hawksmoor

Wannabe Shredder
Reaction score
Fender%20HMT.jpg

Call me insane...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno, call me insane, but i never dug the swan. i'm sure they're good guitars, i'm sure... but i just dont see the hype.. O-o

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
I dunno, call me insane, but i never dug the swan. i'm sure they're good guitars, i'm sure... but i just dont see the hype.. O-o
did you hear the clip Jim Soloway posted of him playing one of his guitars?

i really dug it. and, having a jazz guitar around might push me to play more jazz, which i enjoy, but haven't played much of since i left high school, where i played sax in the jazz band.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
I am all about the old 80s PRS Custom 24s. I have a couple but NEVER enough :shred: !

I would like to get a McNaught original Phoenix before he started offering them as the Phoenix model. That guitar is sick, sick, sick.

I would also take a few pre-war Martin D45s. :bowdown:

FoxMustang

Reaction score
I've had the strongest urge for a Schecter six-string recently (yeah, it's known for metal, but it's the only non-seven I'm GASing for). I'd slap a set of 11's on it and tune it to C.

I'm particularly attracted to the C-1 Hellraiser in black cherry, the Omen-6 in electric blue, and the C-1 Exotic in natural.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
FoxMustang said:
C-1 Exotic in natural.

Dude, you NEED the exotic. A guy at work just bought the black satin stain one, and it fucking rips. Seriously. Sells for $699 (I think) at your local GC, but trust me, you can get them much cheaper if you try and talk them down. So grind 'em down! :D
:shred: :shred:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmm... just one?

I've always lusted after the original Jackson Phil Collen model. But if that's too rock/metal, a PRS hollowbody in tiger eye with piezos will suffice. Either that or a nice Tom Anderson. :)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yesterday i saw a pair of the PRS 20th Anniversary Standard 24 model, one in Vintage Cherry, the other in Vintage Mahogany... gorgeous guitars, and not too outrageously priced (about C$2300) for a limited-run PRS model. I loved the "birds in flight" inlay, too.

On the other end of the price spectrum, the SE Soapbar II in Tobacco Sunburst also caught my eye. For some reason, i've had a hankering to try guitars with soapbar pickups lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')