Name the one non-seven string guitar you'd love to own...

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
jski7 said:
Anyone notice how the frets on the treble side curve towards the bridge ?

Actually, to me it looks like they're straight, and it's an asymetrical scallop - scalloped on the treble side but not the bass That's kinda cool. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jski7

Reaction score
Drew said:
Actually, to me it looks like they're straight, and it's an asymetrical scallop - scalloped on the treble side but not the bass That's kinda cool. :)
You may be right . It may just be the shadow due the partial scallop . This is the pic I was looking at :
sitar-bodyR.jpg

I think the reflection on the frets is messing with my eyes . To me , it looks like they start curving at about the third string up . And plus , it's a small pic so it's kinda hard to tell . :scratch:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You know, let me add one more - in addition to a nice beat-up tele, I'd love a RG3120 in twilight blue. Sure, it's a RG, which is technically "metal," but man, look at that top. You COULD play metal on it, but it's beautiful. One of the few 6's I still really want.

-D

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That is a nice 6-string. I like the FM topped Sabers from '97 too. Those are nice.:)

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
jski7 said:
You may be right . It may just be the shadow due the partial scallop . This is the pic I was looking at :
sitar-bodyR.jpg

I think the reflection on the frets is messing with my eyes . To me , it looks like they start curving at about the third string up . And plus , it's a small pic so it's kinda hard to tell . :scratch:
Wow......

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Flobanez said:
That is a nice 6-string. I like the FM topped Sabers from '97 too. Those are nice.:)

Agreed, the blue S7420 would make a great project guitar.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've tried to trade my friend's FM 7420 for my BP 7420. He said no way.:lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I just watched a Dream THeater DVD last night, and i feel the urge to once again mention the Chapman stick.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
hatebreeder I am with you ever since my bass player has been using the Chapman 10 string in all of our songs for Live and recording I have been playing it as much as he..and feel like i would love to play a 12 string with full Midi axcess. or a really nice WARR guitar (a touch instrument).It is a great instrument to learn new voicings on and how to transpose scales in reverse is always fun too,they really nmake you think opposed to the guitar way.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, the 10-string was the one I was tooling around on last week - man, I wish I had the cash to blow on one of those... :)

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
FoxMustang said:
I've had the strongest urge for a Schecter six-string recently (yeah, it's known for metal, but it's the only non-seven I'm GASing for). I'd slap a set of 11's on it and tune it to C.

I'm particularly attracted to the C-1 Hellraiser in black cherry, the Omen-6 in electric blue, and the C-1 Exotic in natural.

I was at Guitar Center in San Jose, and they had an Exotic on the showroom floor. Very nice guitar. I think I would prefer an Exotic in transparent blue myself, but the exotic is definitely a looker. I actually prefer their Zebra Wood exotic Bass myself. I've never seen it in person myself though.

Snarllster

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Interesting... it reminds me a lot of the higher-end Ibanez SZ models, right down to the non-bookmatched flame maple top.

terrorsound

Reaction score
toni iommi sg :evil:

to make it non metal, I'll play a roy clark tune on it
if I ever get one.. :rant:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My friend just picked up an SG for 1100 from Musician's Friend. What a sweet guitar!

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Either a Ibanez RG770DX in blue or a Charvel superstrat with a H/S pickup config in a Fire Crackle finish.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used to own a Charvel and it was a cool guitar. Equipped with one humbucker, one knob and a Floyd with a maple neck and it was black. Perfect for death metal. Sadly I sold it. It was a cool 6er. :cool:

terrorsound

Reaction score
Flobanez said:
I used to own a Charvel and it was a cool guitar. Equipped with one humbucker, one knob and a Floyd with a maple neck and it was black. Perfect for death metal. Sadly I sold it. It was a cool 6er. :cool:

I love 80's charvel's man, too bad they don't make 7's based on the old shaller loaded 24 fret charvel's !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')