Name Your Favorite Electronic Artists & Tell Why

JoeOsoDopke

Oso Monster
Reaction score
Right now I currently am in love with the Dubstep Producer Reso. To my personal taste, his brand of dubstep is MUCH more musical than 95% of the dubstep being made today, which generally consists of noise being automated to a wub on rhythm (or alot of the time OFF rhythm.)
I also am very into the music BT makes, because it's extremely creative in the ways he creates it. This Binary Universe has to be in my favorite albums of all time.
I love me some Flying Lotus too.
And of course Trifonic.

Reactions: Jan

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Venetian Snares - insane all over the place breakcore

The Flashbulb - chill jazzy stuff

Telefon Tel Aviv - super chill stiff

Deadmau5 - if you dont know who Deadmau5 is by now, god help you

Skrillex - dubstep/electro

Rusko - dubstep/electro

I dont really feel like explaining. Just youtube each one.

Jan

Reaction score
Some cool music in this thread...

I'm not sure if Celldweller counts as pure electronic, but I quite like some of his songs - the most successful fusion of rock/dubstep/drum & bass/techno/pop/metal I've heard so far...

This one below's my favourite, although Eon comes close, too.

Enselmis

Reaction score
Infected Mushroom.

So catchy, so many grooves, interesting songs. They don't repeat things for too long, which I find is often a problem.

Edit: Also Squarepusher.

Jango

Reaction score
Some cool music in this thread...

I'm not sure if Celldweller counts as pure electronic, but I quite like some of his songs - the most successful fusion of rock/dubstep/drum & bass/techno/pop/metal I've heard so far...

This one below's my favourite, although Eon comes close, too.

Words are not enough to thank you for showing me this artist.

Reactions: Jan

yidcorer

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, here are my choices:

Richard Devine: His music is very eclectic, dense and hard to get into, but once you do...!!!
Here is one of my favourites:

Front Line Assembly: very influential industrial artists. Have released a ton of albums. Their songs are very dense and complex, full of synth wizardry and sample abuse:

I also enjoy Delerium, which is a side project of the members of FLA.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Dorian Concept.

The only one I can have played and immediately know it's him. No emulation and he has a signature sound.

One of the few electronic artists I actually regard as making music, not just rhythmically masturbating.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Venetian Snares - How can you not love "classical" influenced DnB largely in 7/4
Does Imogen Heap count as an electronic artist? As The Armada says, actually making music.
I'm pretty keen on some of Hybrid's work, specifically I Choose Noise.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
probably hudmo, because he's so diverse, creative and isn't stuck in a certain genre.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Skinny Puppy

Hectic sampling, incredible layering and very dense. The primogenitors of "Industrial" proper (as opposed to the old Experimental/Dark Ambient groups like Coil, Einsturzende Neubauten, Cabaret Voltaire and the like).

NSFW

Panzer AG

An earlier project of Andy LaPlegua (Icon of Coil/Combichrist). It was a touch darker than Combichrist, and a little more distorted which really agreed with me.

Velvet Acid Christ

Dark electronic/industrial/goth music by Bryan Erickson. It's an awesome mix that generally gets better and better. Similar to Skinny Puppy in some ways, but even better/more extreme movie sampling.

I'll be back a bit later with more :lol:

Also, Celldweller =/= dubstep in any way, shape or form... At all. Ever. :lol:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Juno Reactor

World/GOA/Trance/House with some industrial influences on the earlier albums. Great, well produced music with amazing rhythms.

Heimataerde

Medieval EBM. Weirdest mix of germanic, 12th century sounds and hard-as-fucking-nails industrial beats and synth work.

:Wumpscut:

The modern Skinny Puppy, after a fashion. A hell of a lot of albums, most of them very good, but not to everyone's taste.

[:SITD:]

Terrible sounding vocals, but I adore the synth tones and the album covers aren't half bad either.

Angelspit

Australian EBM project with some awesome percussion and thick, hard synth.

Ayria

Fucking awesome percussion programming, and the rest is pretty great too... if only her vocals were better.

Combichrist

I mentioned Panzer AG in the post before, but I probably should mention Combichrist too... The albums are getting a touch softer with each successive release which is a bit sad, because the first few were amazingly awesome mixes of industrial harshness and more classical electronic depth which was awesome - it's tending more towards more 'normal' electronica with the last release though, a trend I hope does not continue.

Some that I can't find many good videos for;

Synapscape

Minimal electronics, but overwhelming percussion in the best kind of way. Great to zone out to.

Terrorfakt

Similar to the above, but extremely thick percussion. Huge, pounding layers.

Again, there will be more later :lol:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Skinny Puppy

Hectic sampling, incredible layering and very dense. The primogenitors of "Industrial" proper (as opposed to the old Experimental/Dark Ambient groups like Coil, Einsturzende Neubauten, Cabaret Voltaire and the like).

Panzer AG

An earlier project of Andy LaPlegua (Icon of Coil/Combichrist). It was a touch darker than Combichrist, and a little more distorted which really agreed with me.

Velvet Acid Christ

Dark electronic/industrial/goth music by Bryan Erickson. It's an awesome mix that generally gets better and better. Similar to Skinny Puppy in some ways, but even better/more extreme movie sampling.

Dude you beat me to it with all your shouts in this and your next post!! Damn you!!! :lol: I love Angel Spit, Wumpscut, and Combichrist!! Awesome bands, I really love Velvet Acid Christ & Combichrist! VAC especially really takes you inside the head of someone who has alot of "issues" in very dark places... Skinny Puppy is a total given for sure.

One my fav Velvet Acid Christ tracks

I would add some love for Gary Numan actually. Not just Cars and Our Friends... but albums like Pure... very NIN esque in places and very heavy and moody... great album.

Frontline Assembly are great and I really love Grendel. They remixed an great version of ZombieNation...

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
On a totally different Electronic side Lab 4, they are a UK Hard Dance act that incorporates a lot of industrial/metal influences and remixed shit like NIN Perfect Drug and worked with George Lynch and DJ Starscream form Slipknot... they are fcukign incredible live too! very HARD Dance....

Jan

Reaction score
Words are not enough to thank you for showing me this artist.

My pleasure.

@Daemoniac
I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on electronic music (ask me about folk metal and I might turn out to be one, haha), but I thought Celldweller did occasionally use SOME ELEMENTS that I thought were typical of dubstep (wobbly bass) but I might have been wrong. To me what he doeas is a fusion of electronic music and rock. He's recent songs are unfortunately more pop-oriented...

I also really like the Prodigy, but everyone knows these guys I think...

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Baaaah mine have already been said but yea : :Wumpscut: and Venitian Snares.

Latest posts

')