NAMM 09's Coming soon! Predictions?

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Things I THINK we'll see:

More 8 strings (Hoping for a schecter run!!!)
An 8 string FR
Alexi Lahio sig pickup
Jackson putting FR's on the 7 string sig they have.

Thinks I HOPE TO GOD THEY HAVE:

Caparison 7 string with an ebony/maple board.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
PREDICTIONS

*A production import 7 KV or Soloist from Jackson. (made by Fuji Jen) And the Mark Morton Dominion in a new finish.

Call me crazy but I would love to see a seven string Mark Morton Dominion :nuts: :cool: ... but will never happen

Diogene303

Reaction score
Arghhh NAMM 2009,

I'm off there next year , so it should be fun ...as i hope there's some new stuff from Ibby with more 7-8 strings. i've heard that there's going to be some new george lynch stuff , another randell endo ( from what i've heard it's going to be a new nuno bettencourt amp ) plus i get to see on another note my product i helped design this year from Yamaha ......yeah !

I will be taking photo's and i'm planning on trying to get a pass for the paul gilbert things there doing . So should be cool !!!!!!!

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Hoping for Schecter 8,Unearth Sigs(doubt), and Ibanez to announce they are dropping there prices.:lol:

I would seriously jizz the moment I heard it :lol:

I hope loomis does an 8 sig. I would probably slip into a somewhat of a living coma where I don't really know what I'm doing I just know I'm doing something to get money for that guitar :hbang:

when will the new guitars be available?

No one knows exactly, some companies ship certain guitars out within a week and some it takes months if at all.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I hate that mans pickup configuration :mad:

Sgane cause thats a beauty right there too

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Rusty Cooley mentioned something about a more affordable ($1,000) version of his Dean sig showing at NAMM. Probably will end up passing on it but I'm interested to see it.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I predict that Ibanez fans will yet again be let down, given a vast array of black basswood guitars with shitty pickups and they'll still come back next year to see what's offered.

Jackson will probably have another production 7 and if they were smart, they'd put a trem on it.

Dean will show off the cheaper version of Rusty's guitar but it won't be available until after NAMM 2010.

Fender will put out the same guitar for the 54th year in a row and they'll be hailed as innovative.

Gibson will put out the same guitars only now they have autotuners. This will be hailed as amazing and innovative even though other manufacturers did it years ago.

Marshall will still suck.

Parker will put out more guitars that are awesome but will fail to reach that goal of beyond amazing by finally putting out the Parker 7. Price tag is 3 K but guess what Parker - they'll buy it anyways!!!

Bernie Rico will show a lot of awesome guitars.

ESP will show the list of stuff that they've already mentioned.

Line 6 will come out with some new box with the POD name on it.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i just hope for nicer finishes, better wood choises, more 7s and 8s, more extended scales, and that´s about it. i don´t care what companies do it :p

edit: Canuck brian has it down perfectly, actually :p

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't help it.

Didn't Schecter already make a custom 8? Here's hoping they move into the 8 string range as it's pretty much a niche market with Ibanez and LTD/ESP being the only major manufacturers doing it. An 8 string Hellraiser (in their standard colors) and a bolt on C-8 would be ideal candidates. Considering the price break points for the 7 string Hellraisers, they'd probably come in between 900 - 1100, effectively becoming the most affordable long scale 8.

I'd love to see another Koch head other than their crazy midi equipped one. I love their amps so much. I'm not sure why they discontinued the other ones, but these guys are top of my list for a tube head.

Not sure of the licensing involved, but does Floyd Rose allow manufacturers to make 8 string floyds?

')