NAMM 2010 (56k = DON'T DO IT!)

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm liking that 27 fret horizon, it looks pretty killer without the logo on the 12th fret

haffner1

Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of brands are going with the FR special instead of the licenced lately on the newer models. This seems to be a good move for players. I have not played one but I hear they are good, and even if not, at least they are a direct swap for an OFR.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Why does everyone insist on using EMGs! Still, that Jackson is nice.

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
PRP-jackson-slat37-1.jpg

fabe_sd

Reaction score
Seriously, that Soloist 7 looks sooo wrong...that headstock is just rediculous and those damn too small Inlays :noplease:
I´m liking the natural 6 String Version though.
The LTD MH417 is totally redundant, too. They should have made it 27" for some diversity.
At least Ibanez has delivered this year :hbang:

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
^ Figures since almost nobody else did. Usually Ibanez is lacking with innovative and WANTED new guitars and colors. They did good this year though. I'm happy about that.
That soloist's headstock is ginormous and looks very dumb. Also the cutaway/neck ratio is off.

DC23

Reaction score
Would have liked Jackson to release some more production USA models. Not really big on the MG series.

Reaction score
New Jackson and ESP added..... don't tell me thats it? :( Sure, its a LOT of guitars :lol: but still... I don't want it to be over yet.

screamindaemon

Overlord of Music
Reaction score
I'm also hoping there's more to those companies than just these teasers. Really, really hope. Otherwise it's a huge disappointment. Nothing in the ESP/LTD line is new for sevens... though that Earvana nut option is nice...

The Jackson 7 looks like it has Down's syndrome.

Looks like Schecter and Ibanez rule the day for 7+ strings this year...

audibleE

Reaction score
+1, although the headstock does seem a little bigger than it should be.

You could probably hit a hockey puck pretty well with that headstock. Yikes...bad.

Is it me or do the Schecters just seem bulky?

I'm an owner of 4 Schecters and have played them for roughly 10 years now, but this year I'll be switching brands. Just not excited about the Schecter line anymore. Black, red, white and the off blue and green... boring.

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, do you realize that this is BY FAR the best year ever for us sevenstringers?

Finally seven string guitars (and players) have ALL the due respect in the business. I'm happy. :)

22km Tombstone

Pro Apologizer
Reaction score
The LTD MH417 is totally redundant, too. They should have made it 27" for some diversity.

It could be the LTD fanboy in me, but I don't think the MH-417 is redundant.
True, it's the same basic layout as the Viper-417 (25.5", EMG's, mahogany, etc), but LTD already have a 27" scale 7 string (SC-607B) and I can't see them introducing a new model (at least right away) as a baritone. Especially one that (likely) is cheaper and the same shape & color as the SC-607B.

As much as we love them, standard scale guitars are much more popular than baritones.

Maybe if the model sells quite well they might consider making a baritone version. In any case, it's great to see more 7's!

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
i had really hoped they fix the inlays and the goofy headstock on the soloist 7 :(

i'm really stoked about the MH417, though. hopefully, it'll also be priced like the viper 417

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
i agree the jackson is horrendous. so far ibanez are the only ones to impress me at all this year and im an esp fan boy

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
^ Figures since almost nobody else did. Usually Ibanez is lacking with innovative and WANTED new guitars and colors. They did good this year though. I'm happy about that.
That soloist's headstock is ginormous and looks very dumb. Also the cutaway/neck ratio is off.
still no reverse headstock 7 from ibanez. i'm really dissapointed in that. people like and buy reverse headstocks.

Latest posts

')