Native Construct sign with Metal Blade. Finally announce a date for the 'Quiet World'

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Where to start, I found this band two years ago on YouTube and started a love hate relationship, massive delays, radio silence, band members leaving followed by a cryptic message saying that they had been signed with more news coming, then ... silence.

Until now!

(from facebook)
THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME!
We're very happy to announce that we’ve signed on with Metal Blade Records, and will be releasing our debut album, Quiet World, on April 21st!
Visit NATIVE CONSTRUCT | Quiet World for physical and digital pre-orders, and to stream our NEW SINGLE entitled “Mute”!
Spread the word!!

A quick description of the album

"Quiet World is about a guy who loves a girl. The guy is a bit of an odd and eccentric person - an outcast. He's also a mute, and a little unstable, as it turns out. The girl doesn't return his feelings, but he can't bring himself to let go. As his unrequited passion for her devolves into obsession and eventual resentment, his mind begins to slip further and further away. He convinces himself that he can't be loved because of his condition and abnormalities. So he decides to create for himself a new, fantastic world of which he has complete control - a world where there are no oddballs or outcasts. A world where everyone is surrounded by people who are just like themselves: a much quieter world.

"It's at this point that the first track of the album, "Mute," begins. And it turns out that many of the subjects of his new world are not as content living this way as he is. In the second track we see a new character, the Archon, rise up and unite his people in the clouds with the once distant people in the sea. He leads an opposition to "Sinister Silence," as the people come to call him. The rest of the album unfolds with events within the "Quiet World" and manifestations of the enduring struggle between the Archon and Sinister Silence. The lone exception is track number four, "Your Familiar Face," which steps out of this world for a moment to give a closer look at the events prior to the first track and the tragedy of Sinister Silence."

And now the music!

(new song)

(Old song - instrumental playthrough)

(Newish song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lag6vtFmLw

558751_397062383734200_1636089173_n.jpg

I love the way that they are using themes throughout the songs despite only having three out for the public. Consider me hyped.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
A bit of studio footage for good measure.

This album was written between 2011 and 2013 by five berklee students so it's going to be the bees knees.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
My roommate showed me these guys a few years back. Pretty cool to see things come full circle for them now that they're on a solid label. Looking forward to checking out the album when it's released.

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
I remember listening to them before and it didn't really resonate with me until now. I've been listening to less metal recently, I like the way these guys explore different styles and how they glue everything together with metal. It's definitely different.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Did someone say playthrough video?
You can really see Gabes fingerstyle picking technique in this video.

This album is the most I have been hyped for anything in a really long time. Even more than bloodborne ... seriously.

')