NBA Thread

• Thread starter rummy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yeah, David Blatt's win record with the Cavs is currently better than Lue's. It'll be a shame if they fall apart in the playoffs because I don't think anyone else in the East can make a competitive series with the top West teams.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Yeah, David Blatt's win record with the Cavs is currently better than Lue's. It'll be a shame if they fall apart in the playoffs because I don't think anyone else in the East can make a competitive series with the top West teams.

Blatt isn't a bad coach, but looking at him from afar his coaching style just doesn't fit in the NBA too well. Worst yet, he is stubborn like Mike D'Antoni and wouldn't change his way no matter what. You just can't coach by playing style only in the NBA these days. You must adjust to the talents you have. That is why I think Pop is such a great coach. Speaking of D'Antoni, I think he is just an extremely lucky bastard. Not too many coaches get such a second, third chance... and it so happen things seem to work out in Houston this time around. Man, he is just lucky!

I know Lue can coach, but honestly I don't think he is ready to be a head coach to lead, to teach and to grow a team yet. He becomes a head coach for the Cavs due to circumstances. No disrespecting him, but I think anyone LBJ doesn't hate and happens to be Blatt's top aid could become the Cavs' head coach.

Agree? No?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I think being on the right side of LeBron is a big part of it. I think the biggest part of it is that last year Blatt was being taken over by LeBron, and after being fired Lue would just tell LeBron to shut up and LeBron respected that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
East is certainly getting interesting. I still think the Cavs are back in the finals. There are no real threats besides Boston maybe. Even then, I take the Cavs in a 7 games series.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
All the talks about them Cavs turning it on... just as the slumping Hawks are without D-Howard and Schroder, and they are @ Cavs... maybe LeBron should have rested. :fawk:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Playoffs time is here! The 3/6 match ups in both conferences are quite intriguing.

As for the Bucks/Raptors series, per what I saw over the past 2-3 playoffs from the Raptors... sorry, I just don't have much faith in them this year. They won't go far this year even if they get pass the Bucks. There is no way they can beat the Cavs, even though the Cavs sort of slumped through the final few weeks of the regular season...

Slightly off topic... I miss those days when first rounds were best of 5...

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
Playoffs time is here! The 3/6 match ups in both conferences are quite intriguing.

As for the Bucks/Raptors series, per what I saw over the past 2-3 playoffs from the Raptors... sorry, I just don't have much faith in them this year. They won't go far this year even if they get pass the Bucks. There is no way they can beat the Cavs, even though the Cavs sort of slumped through the final few weeks of the regular season...

Slightly off topic... I miss those days when first rounds were best of 5...

I'm genuinely annoyed the Bulls didn't take care of business and land that 6th seed. The Bulls probably would have upset the raptors.

And yeah.... the best of 7 in the first round is a waste of time imo. I get it's more revenue but if you're down 3-0 you aren't coming back. Might as well just make it a best of 5.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Giannis is amazing, and the Bucks aren't even fully healthy. This is going to be the best team in the league soon.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Yeah, the Bucks looked very impressive in Game 1! I know I am saying it seemingly after the fact, but I do not have faith in the Raptors in the post season.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I do not hate the Raptors, but I highly doubt they could turn it around. They ain't newbies to the playoffs, and they even got as far as the ECF last year; yet I just don't see any sense of urgency in their plays through the first 3 games. Except for Ibaka playing with some passion and energy, the rest of the team just don't seem to play with the same level of energy for the most part. Hell, DeRozan and Lowry are hot and cold, you just can't rely on them at all it seems.

On the other hand, though I don't see enough of the Bucks during the season, they clearly play with a ton more energy in these first few games. Like in game 2, where they eventually lost, they just never gave up when they were down by 13 or something in the 3rd qtr.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I don't care if the Spurs or the Cavs win in the end, I just hope the Warriors lose. Like, all of those guys deserve to lose. With Steve Kerr out, what's there to like about the Warriors?

Draymond Green is a dirty player who calls out other guys for being dirty; complains on every play and then calls out other guys for complaining on plays; plays against injured teams, injures other players and then says the Cavs have an easy road. I wouldn't wish an injury on anybody, but if something career ending happened to him I wouldn't be unhappy.

Then you've got Kevin "hardest road" Durant and Zaza "try to kill Kawhi" Pachulia...

squids

Reaction score
I don't care if the Spurs or the Cavs win in the end, I just hope the Warriors lose. Like, all of those guys deserve to lose. With Steve Kerr out, what's there to like about the Warriors?

Draymond Green is a dirty player who calls out other guys for being dirty; complains on every play and then calls out other guys for complaining on plays; plays against injured teams, injures other players and then says the Cavs have an easy road. I wouldn't wish an injury on anybody, but if something career ending happened to him I wouldn't be unhappy.

Then you've got Kevin "hardest road" Durant and Zaza "try to kill Kawhi" Pachulia...
wow someone's a little salty.
as someone who obviously supports the warriors, i can see that green is sometimes overly aggressive, but he plays some of the best defense in the NBA for sure. as for KD, hey if i worked for my mom and got a job somewhere else that paid a lot more and actually had a career path that i'd want to follow, then i'd leave too. i don't have anything to say about zaza as im pretty meh on him.
and you can't honestly have so much hate for draymond when you have lebron james, the most petty, childish player in the league. if you want to talk about KD leaving, first talk about lebron leaving cleveland, NOT winning a championship, and then coming back to cleveland. THAT is sad. all he is is a big guy who can power through the middle. it's like watching the big kid push all the others out of the way on some school team. and don't even get me started on jefferson, that guy looks like one of the hot dogs in that "sausage party" movie.
don't get me wrong, i don't hate the cavs. kyrie irving is one of the most impressive players out there right now. but you can't .... all over the warriors, and not look at the facts. and "deserve to lose"? that's a pretty ....ty thing to say man.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I thought this thread went dead... I miss the days when there were like 10 or more regular posters for all kinds of discussion...

Anyway, whether you are a Cavs fan or a Warriors fan, the officiating was a disaster in Game 4.

In other news, 3 on 3 basketball officially an Olympic sport. Somewhere AI is thinking about a comeback? Lol!

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
It looks to me once they lost that early lead, the Cavs just sort of losing that fire they displayed early on.