NBA Thread

• Thread starter rummy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vstro

Reaction score
I don't see LBJ leaving Cleveland unless it's for a larger market as previously stated. I don't see MJ being all that huge of a factor in where he goes.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I don't see LBJ leaving Cleveland unless it's for a larger market as previously stated. I don't see MJ being all that huge of a factor in where he goes.

+1... and I won't be surprised if LBJ might consider the Clippers! No joke, now that Dunlevy is gone and they still have guys like Kaman, Davis, Gordon and Griffin... if I were LBJ I would at least take a look at the Clippers before signing with anyone else.

Sebastian

Reaction score
+1... and I won't be surprised if LBJ might consider the Clippers! No joke, now that Dunlevy is gone and they still have guys like Kaman, Davis, Gordon and Griffin... if I were LBJ I would at least take a look at the Clippers before signing with anyone else.

Could be... but after all the Clippers... well they are the Clippers LOL.

Cleveland has more potential... Hell I they have a big chance to win this year.

Vstro

Reaction score
I think the clippers have a chance, just not as much as New York or Cleveland. He's always said all he cares about is winning, and Cleveland is a winning team. If we don't win the championship this year he may just lose hope hear and move on. New York isn't a great team but with the larger market it's possible that's where he will end up.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
The Cavs' front count is loaded, but I still question their backcourt. I mean, no disrespect to D-West and Mo-Will, but those guys are pretty inconsistant; and their size could compromise the Cavs' overall defense. I still like the Magic's chances in beating the Cavs in the ECF.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Shaq still is injured ? I remember he did quite well in Cleveland earlier this season ?

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Shaq suffered from a thumb injury and will be out for the regular season. Whether he is ready by playoffs time, let alone being effective, is anyone's guess. That said, I don't think he played well or, shall I darn to say, he hasn't been relevent since his first season with the Heat in 2005-06.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Lakers lost with Hornets... where is this world coming to... LA isn't doing so well lately...

Vstro

Reaction score
I think Mo and Delonte are good enough to help Cleveland get through the post season. Most of their troubles this year were getting back in the groove after injuries for the most part. I think the only reason why Shaq was even brought to Cleveland was to deal with D Howard. Last year he had a field day all over Z.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I think Mo and Delonte are good enough to help Cleveland get through the post season. Most of their troubles this year were getting back in the groove after injuries for the most part. I think the only reason why Shaq was even brought to Cleveland was to deal with D Howard. Last year he had a field day all over Z.

Lakers/Boston will have a problem this year... if i remember correctly they lost their last games with the Cavaliers ?

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score

We will see about that. Like I said a few posts before, Mo-Will and D-West's size on defense could compromise the Cavs' rotation. In a tight playoffs series, I will see how effective they will be in a half court setting. Last year they performed pretty terribly, as seen in the ECF.

As for Shaq, I hope he stays healthy and I also hope he can handle more than D-Howard at his age. Slowing down or even stopping D-Howard is only half the job there.

Lakers/Boston will have a problem this year... if i remember correctly they lost their last games with the Cavaliers ?

The Celtics are really showing their age this year, especially after the all-star break. I won't be surprised if they don't get out of the first round at all. Seriously, I think the Bucks have a pretty fair chance in beating them.

As for the Lakers, we (yes, I am a Lakers fan) are a very skilled team, but we seem to lack the physical toughness. And at times we have defensive lapses too. So it will be interesting to see how we do this year in the playoffs. Then again, guys like Fisher, Kobe, Odom and Pau know what it takes to win championship after last year, and I am sure they will turn up their games. :agreed:

All in all, no dis-respecting the Cavs, I'd like to see them beat the Magic first.

Vstro

Reaction score
Your point with Mo and Delonte is very valid. It's just going to have to be a sit back and see what happens thing. I think getting Antwan Jamison helped take a lot of the pressure off Mo though. Now if Mo doesn't have a 15 or 20 point night it doesn't seem to matter as much as before.

I think once the post season hits the Lakers will be dominant again. As for the Celtics.... I don't know about them..

Sebastian

Reaction score
As for the Lakers, we (yes, I am a Lakers fan) are a very skilled team, but we seem to lack the physical toughness. And at times we have defensive lapses too. So it will be interesting to see how we do this year in the playoffs. Then again, guys like Fisher, Kobe, Odom and Pau know what it takes to win championship after last year, and I am sure they will turn up their games. :agreed:

All in all, no dis-respecting the Cavs, I'd like to see them beat the Magic first.

I can't say I'm a big fan of anyone now... the time I watched NBA was .. nice 10-13 years ago... but the Lakers for me are all about Kobe... best player to play the game now... LeBron can have better shape, more power, but Kobe thinks....

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Lakers nice victory over Jazz....
Boston :noplease: still a good game

I don't care what other people might have to say, but we really needed that win! We haven't been playing like we are capable for almost 2 weeks, and it is almost too late to start if we don't do something about it now. Having said all of that, we still have the Spurs, the Nuggets and Portland coming up before the playoffs start...

Sebastian

Reaction score
I don't care what other people might have to say, but we really needed that win! We haven't been playing like we are capable for almost 2 weeks, and it is almost too late to start if we don't do something about it now. Having said all of that, we still have the Spurs, the Nuggets and Portland coming up before the playoffs start...

Hope to see Kobe in good shape for the upcoming games !

JR Smith with a great Top play today ! :yesway:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Hope to see Kobe in good shape for the upcoming games !

JR Smith with a great Top play today ! :yesway:

I think Kobe's finger injury is bothering him quite a bit lately. Just check out his shooting percentage in recent games. I hope he is somewhat ok comes playoffs time, because I truly do not see that kind of production from Odom like last night in every game in the post season.

By the way, some people say the Lakers can just tank the rest of the regular season since we pretty much secure the best record out west and cannot chase the Cavs for the best overall. I disagreed. I think we need to get at least 3 - 4 more wins and make sure ours is still better than the Magic's regular season record. Just in case we make it to the Finals and face the Magic, we want to have homecourt like we did last year.

JR is a talented offensive player, but he needs to be a better decision-maker on the court. I think he is improving as compared to, say, 3 years ago... still, he makes some boneheaded decision from time to time.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I think Kobe's finger injury is bothering him quite a bit lately. Just check out his shooting percentage in recent games. I hope he is somewhat ok comes playoffs time, because I truly do not see that kind of production from Odom like last night in every game in the post season.

By the way, some people say the Lakers can just tank the rest of the regular season since we pretty much secure the best record out west and cannot chase the Cavs for the best overall. I disagreed. I think we need to get at least 3 - 4 more wins and make sure ours is still better than the Magic's regular season record. Just in case we make it to the Finals and face the Magic, we want to have homecourt like we did last year.

JR is a talented offensive player, but he needs to be a better decision-maker on the court. I think he is improving as compared to, say, 3 years ago... still, he makes some boneheaded decision from time to time.

True, it's the Lakers after all, winning is the only way :yesway:
Today the game against San Antonio ...

BTW you ever watch the show on nba.com with Charles Barkley, Kenny "the Jet" ? some awesome stuff there :lol:
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/04/02/spanglish/

')