NBA Thread

• Thread starter rummy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Though it looks like no one here cares, but the crazy FA period has begun! ;)

And it looks like Byron Scott will be named the next Cavs head coach. Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers to name Byron Scott head coach - ESPN Which in a strange way is a good news to the Lakers. While I like him as a player, I don't like his coaching style at all. :rolleyes: And now that he is the Cavs' coach, I don't have to worry about him ruining the chemistry in LA, assuming Phil is indeed retiring and he is somehow named the next Lakers' coach... :cool:

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
I was a Cavs fan

Jumping ship to Miami heat now. I always said I would follow Lebron to his new team :lol:

jbcrazy

Reaction score
I was a Cavs fan

Jumping ship to Miami heat now. I always said I would follow Lebron to his new team :lol:

I hope Laker fans are paying attention... :hbang:

I will always be a late 80s/late 90s guy. My interest in the NBA began with the golden years of Bird and Magic.. to the retirement of the his Airness. This is the first thing that has got me excited to watch the NBA in awhile. Bring on the next season!

Reaction score
Dan Gilbert is the biggest moron alive if he thinks for a second the Cavaliers will win a title before Lebron. I'd be pretty surprised if Miami didn't win this season, but even still, they'll have one within three years. The reason being if the Celtics can unify three perennial all stars near the end of their careers with Doc Rivers coaching and parlay that into a title, then surely a team with three of the top ten players in the NBA, just entering their primes, if that, possibly coached by Pat Riley will bring home the hardware. That letter was written by a bitter turd who just realized his cash cow has jumped the fence to greener pastures. Lebron is what made that team relevant, and without him, they will be lucky to win 30 games. People will see just how big of an impact he's made, if they haven't already, when the Cavaliers are vying for the top spot... of the lottery. I'm as big of a Lebron homer as there is, and I see no way that this is "cowardly betrayal". He's all of 25 years old and has devoted 7 years of his career to that city. They've failed, more or less, and it absolutely isn't his fault. Gilbert says Lebron never "delivered" them a title. Please remind me in the history of the NBA when ONE fucking player won his team a championship. The greatest players in the history of the NBA (Jordan, Chamberlain, Russell, Bird, Magic) never did it by themselves. As a matter of fact, every single one of them had at least one hall of fame running mate. It sickens me for this tool to sit, bash, and blame Lebron for this franchise's shortcomings. Why didn't he, as an owner, put forth more effort into getting free agents to sign or acquiring high level talent to piece around Lebron? Larry Hughes, really? Antawn Jamison at the end of his rope with no knees? An 85 year old Shaq? Sideshow Bob?? Now if he thought it was difficult to bring A-list talent to Cleveland before, just wait until LBJ packs his bags. They stand no chance of bringing anybody of half his talent level, just like they have no chance of competing for anything, ever. So, congrats Dan Gilbert on trying to paint Lebron as the enemy, when you were in fact, the reason this franchise never succeeded during his tenure, and the reason this team will continue to fail. Just one question, Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones? Cleveland Cavaliers, you are on the clock.

Hollowman

Reaction score
The Cavs had him for 7 years and they blew it. Fans should be upset with Lebron, He tried though. they IMO should be more upset with the owners . Last year during the trade deadline they had a chance to do something and get Amare Stoudemire from the Suns and got Jameson instead. He and Lebron might have been able to do great things. Lebron always said it was about winning for him and the Cavs owners dropped the ball in getting the help that was needed so now it's time to move on, now the amazing part of this is The Heat now have 3 players who can score 90 points or more combined on any given night and depending who they sign next they have the potential to blow out any team that they play barring they can play together.

Hollowman

Reaction score
Dan Gilbert is the biggest moron alive if he thinks for a second the Cavaliers will win a title before Lebron. I'd be pretty surprised if Miami didn't win this season, but even still, they'll have one within three years. The reason being if the Celtics can unify three perennial all stars near the end of their careers with Doc Rivers coaching and parlay that into a title, then surely a team with three of the top ten players in the NBA, just entering their primes, if that, possibly coached by Pat Riley will bring home the hardware. That letter was written by a bitter turd who just realized his cash cow has jumped the fence to greener pastures. Lebron is what made that team relevant, and without him, they will be lucky to win 30 games. People will see just how big of an impact he's made, if they haven't already, when the Cavaliers are vying for the top spot... of the lottery. I'm as big of a Lebron homer as there is, and I see no way that this is "cowardly betrayal". He's all of 25 years old and has devoted 7 years of his career to that city. They've failed, more or less, and it absolutely isn't his fault. Gilbert says Lebron never "delivered" them a title. Please remind me in the history of the NBA when ONE fucking player won his team a championship. The greatest players in the history of the NBA (Jordan, Chamberlain, Russell, Bird, Magic) never did it by themselves. As a matter of fact, every single one of them had at least one hall of fame running mate. It sickens me for this tool to sit, bash, and blame Lebron for this franchise's shortcomings. Why didn't he, as an owner, put forth more effort into getting free agents to sign or acquiring high level talent to piece around Lebron? Larry Hughes, really? Antawn Jamison at the end of his rope with no knees? An 85 year old Shaq? Sideshow Bob?? Now if he thought it was difficult to bring A-list talent to Cleveland before, just wait until LBJ packs his bags. They stand no chance of bringing anybody of half his talent level, just like they have no chance of competing for anything, ever. So, congrats Dan Gilbert on trying to paint Lebron as the enemy, when you were in fact, the reason this franchise never succeeded during his tenure, and the reason this team will continue to fail. Just one question, Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones? Cleveland Cavaliers, you are on the clock.

you thought is similar. but, with a lot more words. have you seen all the people bashing Lebron on espn.com? it's pathetic.

Reaction score
you thought is similar. but, with a lot more words. have you seen all the people bashing Lebron on espn.com? it's pathetic.

Yeah, dude, it is. Furthermore, Dan Gilbert mentions something in that ridiculous letter that Lebron has exhibited qualities "exactly the opposite of what we want our kids to learn". Seriously? So, crying about our favorite toy being taken away is something our kids should learn to do? Be bitter and jealous? Cool, his ownership qualities are poor, and evidently, his parenting is too.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
What LBJ did on live national tv last night was hurtful and cruel to the city of Cleveland or those true Cavs fans. Those are the people who thought they could count on their hero, so to speak. Now that so-called hero just stood them up on live national tv, and that hurts... even for a Lakers fan, I feel those fans' pain... what a class act, LeBron. There goes all my respect for that guy...

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Man that guy is a dick (Cav's owner). Should be interesting seeing what happens in Miami this year, though i would have liked to see what james could do in Chicago.

I do think that James should have prepared a little something to say to the fans from cleveland other than "I hope they continue to support me in miami". A nice speech of some short wouldn't have been out of order. Cool that all proceeds went to charity (boys & girls clubs of all the cities he was expected to go) and that the university of phoenix chipped in for some scholarships.

Also, though i'm looking forward to seeing what the heat can do next season, i wouldn't exactly say i'm rooting for them. Being a raptors fan, i wish bosh the best of luck but i'm not certain that this year's "big three" doesn't seem will be able to do what was done with the Celtics organization. It's time to see if James can be a team player.

6string40

Reaction score
To the people of Cleveland, Cavs fans and the douchebag owner...

GET OVER IT

Did you really think he was coming back?? Seriously?? Why would any superstar athlete stay and play for a franchise he believes may never put a team around him to win a championship?? The goal for these guys is to win championships...if it means leaving a city where you are loved, so be it. He didn't do it for the money, he did it for the championship he now has a much better chance of winning than had he stayed.

The owner of the Cavs is an idiot. He wanted LBJ back, no question about it. He made stupid commercials singing songs about LBJ staying. Yet, all of the sudden, when he doesn't come back, he is now a quitter?? He is now someone you don't want your children to look up to?? Where was this sentiment just days ago when he was begging him to stay?? He was going to bring local Fortune 500 company owners to the last meeting with LBJ to try and convince him to stay. Hardly the actions of a man who believes his star player is a quitter.

Reaction score
What LBJ did on live national tv last night was hurtful and cruel to the city of Cleveland or those true Cavs fans. Those are the people who thought they could count on their hero, so to speak. Now that so-called hero just stood them up on live national tv, and that hurts... even for a Lakers fan, I feel those fans' pain... what a class act, LeBron. There goes all my respect for that guy...

Your best player is a rapist. End of discussion.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
Lebron has taken himself out of the conversation for greatest of all time. You're still safe MJ, haha. The great ones did it as THE MAN, they didn't do it by teaming up with other superstars. Magic, Michael and Larry never joined the same team to win an NBA title. They did it on their teams that were built around them with a good supporting cast.

Lebron- Miami is Wade's team. It is Wade's city. As of right now- you are his number 2. All you've done is throw in the towel and quit. I have lost every bit of respect for you. And yes, even as a bulls fan I had respect for your "talents".

As for the heat- I am not sure why everyone just crowns them champs. They have 7 guys under contract, 3 of which are rookies taken in the second round. They have no reserves or depth as of yet. Not to mention chemistry will be huge. What if they don't mesh?

teams like the magic, celtic, lakers, maybe even my new look bulls who are 12 deep with good chemistry could take them out.

I have never been more disapointed in an NBA player. Lebron has the tools to do it himself and live up high with the all time greats. Instead he sold out to go after a manufactured championship.

')