NBD: 90s Yamaha TRB6

• Thread starter Jahnboy9000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jahnboy9000

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just really enjoying this little big fella since I got it this morning. Recently purchased a cheap Inyen Vina 6 string (same thing as AIO Wolf) to test the waters and loved it so had to invest in a higher end instrument with more specific specs to my taste.

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpeg
    IMG_5640.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats in that beast! I've never seen one with wear like that, it must be a player!

Jahnboy9000

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seems that the first run of these had a pretty thin open-pore finish, but yeah someone really loved this thing and I understand why!

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
The early Yamaha TRB 6-strings from the 90s going into the early 2000s were absolutely phenomenal, top-tier, Japanese basses, as long as the player could navigate the super wide string spacing. We had the TRB6, TRB6 Custom, TRB-6P, etc. And then the John Patitucci signature models (the TRB6-JP and TRB6-JP2) continued to carry the legacy of these awesome 6-strings.

The TRB models that Yamaha offers nowadays are completely different instruments as far as specs, feel, quality, and (not to mention) the manufacturing location, which really sucks.

But it's awesome to see another member of this forum recognize these old 6-string beasts!