NBD - Another Schecter C-5 GT I got for my band (over a week ago... >_>)

• Thread starter Koldunya
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Koldunya

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This one has a story behind it lol. It was $850 which seemed a steal, listed as "perfect condition" and the red ones are only sold by Guitar Center, so I went for it...

I wait patiently over labor day weekend in the US, and the seller ships it. UPS just left it and didn't require my signature like they were supposed to, and so I unpack it.

First fuckup. I can see. The fucking. Headstock
o_O
o_O One wrong step and it would have been snapped off, NO SUPPORT or anything. I see a bunch of bubble wrap in the box, headstock looks okay, so I start pulling it out, and this 1 foot wide bubble wrap is just streaming off of it as I pull the bass free.

I see this:
IMG_8476.jpg

It's about an inch across/wide or so. Oof. I take pics and message the seller, and probably shouldn't have said I felt it was packed poorly, but whatever. He basically blew me off saying he's shipped several guitars that way that arrived okay, but "rest assured" he would pack better in the future. That was it. No fucks given basically. I request a refund and he declines it.

So I try to message Reverb. Their website isn't working, and the ONLY WAY to open a ticket is via their website chat. It kept freezing and telling me it disconnected vs connecting me to anyone. This went on for days, and the number I found tells you to go to the website and hangs up on you. Finally I go at Reverb on Twitter where the respond, take the order number, and send me an email TO THE WRONG EMAIL ADDRESS lol. I changed it months before but they sent it to my original email address.

I send them all the pics using the correct email address, and I hear nothing back. Nothing at all that they even got it. On the 5th business day I finally get through on chat, where I'm told that it's "technically the 5th day and they have five days" but the guy expedited it or something, and I heard back. My options were $350 partial refund, take it to a place, get an estimate, and then Reverb will (or won't) approve it and I get that back, or I could press for a full refund in which I have to take more pictures, send it back to the guy (not on my dime), and then when he gets it back I get the refund.

I was not sending him this bass back with the packaging it arrived in. I figured $500 for a $1200 bass was pretty damn good, and I can disguise the damaged spot with some filler, dye/paint, and seal it so it doesn't get worse. Done deal.

So here it is on my bench, being restrung and the fretboard being oiled between. It was DRY AS A BONE. It soaked up ALL the Howard's Feed n Wax I put on the fretboard after 20 minutes and there was barely any to wipe off lol.
IMG_8644.jpg

Damage is on the back, and it sounds killer with some DR Hi Beams on it (which I bought literally the day before Stringjoy released their Rangers -_- ). It gets real rowdy sounding when I play hard through my B6's DarkPre patch
:D

Band is called Rush of Red, and the singer's got red hair, so I wanted to match on stage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Glad to hear you feel like you were fairly compensated after all the hassle. The way I look at my gear, I won’t be upset when I damage a piece of gear because they all had have some imperfections already. They are meant to be played and those things just happen. Enjoy the new bass.