NBD: Brice HXB-406

• Thread starter Marcus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Pics:

I didn't realise until afterwards but I didn't even bother to take the coil split tag off :lol:

Specs:
Made in Korea
Alder body w/Bolt-On Maple neck
35" scale
Rosewood board
Natural Quilted Maple top (veneer)
Volume, Balance, Bass & Treble knobs w/Coil Tap on volume knob
Pickups = unknown

This is my first bass guitar, I bought a 6 string because I wanted to get a vague idea of how wide the neck will be when/if I get an 8 string electric further down the line, and also if I decided to tune it down to F# to match the 8 then I wouldn't be losing the standard 4 bass strings. I figured since it was only $300 it wouldn't be that bad a loss if it ended up being too wide for my hands, which it isn't :yesway:

It's only been a few hours but so far I'm loving it! I don't have a bass amp yet so I've been playing it through my POD X3 Live into computer speakers, so it's a little hard for me to tell how it sounds yet (that and I have NO concept of bass tone :lol:). One thing that did surprise me was that it's significantly lighter than my Schecter 7, I guess that comes down to different bodywoods or whatever.

Anyway, it's a solid instrument for $300 so I'm happy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
my buddy bought this exact bass except it's fretless. its pretty sweet for how cheap it was. only complaints are that the bottom of the fretboard was a bit sharp, so that needs a little sanding, otherwise if he did a quick slide it might cut his hand... and the strings that came on it sounds absolutely dead.... but what can u expect for 300 bucks. a good set of 6 string strings would raise the price 10% lol

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, that is a sick bass :metal:

I can't believe it was only $300 hahaha. I really was expecting it to cost more! It looks really refined and simple, which is awesome. Looks like you get pretty nice upper fret access :agreed:

Where did you get it?
What kinda rig are you going to run it through in the future?

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Dude, that is a sick bass :metal:

I can't believe it was only $300 hahaha. I really was expecting it to cost more! It looks really refined and simple, which is awesome. Looks like you get pretty nice upper fret access :agreed:

Where did you get it?
What kinda rig are you going to run it through in the future?

Haha thanks, it works well enough for me!

I ordered it from rondomusic.com, same place that Agiles come from (I'm pretty sure the guy Kurt that designs them does these too).

I dunno really, at the moment it's just a fiddle around thing so I'm not too anxious to get a rig for it, plus I don't know a lot about bass amps. I might get a little practice amp for it just so I'm not constantly plugging the speakers in and out of the computer haha

Latest posts

')