Swamp Ash Body
3 Piece Canadian Maple Neck
Canadian Maple Board
Novax Fanned Fret System with Banjo Frets
Dingwall Passive Pickups
Hipshot tuners with extender key on the B string
Locking Jack
Strap Locks

This is a 2013 model ABZ 5 string natural finish Dingwall Bass.

This bass is just incredible! For starters, it's really light and makes playing an absolute joy. The fanned frets take about two minutes total playing time to get used to, after which you don't even notice the difference on your fingertips, however the tone says it all. Once plucked or slapped, the B string keep going, and going, and going until you tell it to stop!

The extender key is perfect for me as I play in drop A tuning and I tune the same as my guitarists, just an octave lower. When dropped to A, the string is still as clear and tight as ever.

The finish on the body and neck is really well done. Really smooth and makes playing a breeze whilst still feeling as solid as ever.

Big thumbs up to Dingwall on this one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

reidartuv

Reaction score
Awesome! Looks sick :hbang: HNBD! (first time writing HNBD for me at sevenstring :lol:)

Mwoit

Reaction score
Playing live is great with it. It's so damn light!

Great choice man. :yesway:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Question that has only just really hit me; Do you play with your thumb rested of the slanted pickup? Is it harder to get used to?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Jesus christ, that's hot. And the nit-picker in me is loving the simple 3-knob layout. Dear god, that thing is amazing!

JamesMT

Reaction score
Question that has only just really hit me; Do you play with your thumb rested of the slanted pickup? Is it harder to get used to?

That was the only thing I had to get used to actually. It took a little while, but I don't notice it now.

Kroaton

Reaction score
Looks really good, happy NGD. How much did it end up costing (with shipping)?

Roland777

Reaction score
Bumping this because it's a DINGWALL, and I really, REALLY wanna try a fanned fret bass.

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
Dingwall's are awesome basses that my friend and I recently got turned on to via seeing Nolly from Periphery heavily using them. The fanned frets are such a cool concept, providing the extended scale at the low B string for extra clarity - even when down tuning to like A or G. I really want to try one of these. I feel personally playing the fanned frets would be the most odd adjustment to my muscle memory, but everyone who plays these basses said it was almost second nature to learn the fanned neck. Also having the lengths adjust per string must make for an overall exceptional playing experience.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
....!
thanks man,really,thanks for giving me GAS,like I didn't have enough ....ing problems already.
Thanks,really!

')