NBD: Ibanez BTB686SC Single Cut 6 string

• Thread starter Daken1134
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daken1134

Reaction score
most important... pics

so i got this used for a steal from someone over the ever vast interwebs. but ive always love the high up single cuts where the upper horn goes way to far but usually they're only on customs. Ibanez put out this Terra Firma 686SC singlecut and ive been flabbergasted that virtually no one has put any videos or anything up on them. havent seen really anything bout them so i splurged and bought one and it was a great decision...

the neck, scale, upper register, everything is amazing. it seems to have one short fret but thats not a big deal. only 1 or 2 notes on the thing die out ill fix it soon enough. the carve on the back is extremely comfortable playing is effortless all in all im very happy i bought the thing. made me want to get back into playing bass again. here is a video i did Demoing the beauty.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Beautiful:yesway:

HNBD!! I have a 5 string BTB with the maple fretboard. Love the thing, great bass.

Although, I would say, don't quit your day job:ugh:

Obviously just kidding:lol: Nice vid you have there:hbang:

roast

Contributor
Reaction score
Gorgeous bass! I've been trying to find one of these in Ireland but it's slim pickin's here.

Nice vid too!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
My bank account is so glad this isn't available fretless.

Daken1134

Reaction score
its unbelievable. this bass is so nice especially the neck profile and string spacing the bartolini's sound phenominal as well. definitely happy i purchased it

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
I'm getting a new bass soon and these are pretty high up on my list of ones to try, how well does the mid switcher work, can it get a nice strong low mid warwickish sound?

Daken1134

Reaction score
ive owned warwicks my whole life (Thumb 4 string bolt on, Thumb 5 string neck through, Corvette 5 BO german not rockbass) and honestly it sounds amazing! its obviously much bulkier but it sounds amazing, he neck is substantially wider, the string spacing is awesome for slapping. definitely a proud purchaser :) although I do miss my thumb bo 4

Nmaster

Reaction score
Happy NBD!! I have a BTB 6er arriving today, not the same one (BTB676m) but with a similar setup and I am incredibly excited to get my hands on it.

How do you feel about the connected upper horn? Does it add a noticeable amount of weight to the bass?

Latest posts

')