NBD: Music Man Stingray Special

Strobe

Reaction score
This is the best feeling bass I have ever played, and it sounds very, very good. I have a lot of guitars, but in the two bands I am in, I sing, and I play the bass. It did not make sense to buy another fancy guitar when I did not own a high end bass. The necks are roasted (torrified) on these new models. After buying a JP earlier this year, I am officially an Ernie Ball fan boy. They make exceptional instruments. This one also happens to be only about 8 pounds. My 5 string Ibanez is a boat anchor, this is definitely more comfortable!

Fun note, this is the first 4 string bass I have ever owned. I have played a 5 string almost exclusively. I used to own a 6 string bass. I never went with the more "normal" 4 strings. In general, I found I only used the 5th string on about 10% of songs. So far I am liking the compromise of being easier to play in general, even if I have to play those Eb's in a less cool place.

Enough of me yammering, a few pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')