NBD Redsub Coliseum 5 string blue burl burst

• Thread starter Corporial Bodies
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Corporial Bodies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly there really not bad for the money, new pickups and preamp make all the difference.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
The specs, apart from the generic electronics, look pretty cool. I wonder how much drop in quality and feel it would be from my Esh Stinger or Spector Legend Classic.
.... and if I'd even need such a thing... but well, "need" and instruments... we all know how those relate...

Corporial Bodies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol, don't get me wrong at the price point you get what you pay for, but the neck is nice and thin and It does the job that I need it to.

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol, don't get me wrong at the price point you get what you pay for, but the neck is nice and thin and It does the job that I need it to.
Whats your exact job description for it? Just tracking some low tuned bass lines for your guitar tracks basically?

It would definitely be cool to play around with but on the other hand... I don't really play lower than A and my main bass (the Esh Stinger I) only is in A standard because my band play 6-strings in D standard and I found the low A more useful than another higher string. Personally, I'd probably be in B standard if that wasn't the case. I think the A would be better on a multiscale but it's also not "bad" and I love my bass overall, so....

btw: which PUs did you put in it?

Corporial Bodies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I just use it for tracking, I tune to drop G with a 155 on the G, it holds it tuning very well considering how bad the machine heads are, pups wise I have the aguilar dcb g4's installed which fit nicely and a dark glass tone capsule pre amp, I also use the neural dsp parallax plugin for tracking

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to try throwing Fishmans in with their matching electronics but then again: what would I even use it for? lol it's definitely a cool thing, especially for the price. I just think it would be more of a "nice to have" for me in the end.... But, you know.... GAS...... lol

mark domestic bliss

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have one of these im about to whack a amusing set of strings on for an attempt at some e0 action ......anyone have a link to some cheap but at least useable tuners as this is the one part other than pickups [which im sorting later] that really lets it down
really do love my 6 string hopeing il start using it alot more once i got her set up in eaeadg

Latest posts

')