NBD! Riverhead Jupiter / Odd but awesome

• Thread starter Catalyst Collide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Catalyst Collide

Reaction score
HeadwayRiverhead-2.jpg

HeadwayRiverhead-1.jpg

New bass day! Just picked up this Riverhead Jupiter RBJ-900 bass so I can finally stop using a pitch shifted guitar for bass parts. Let's get this part out of the way - yes, the color is atrocious. No, I don't care. Plays great, build quality seems really high and sounds good. All the things that matter. Check out that asymmetrical headstock. I love weird instruments - in this case, also practical.

Never heard of this brand until the listing came up on my radar. The few folks that talk about them online seem to rave about them (for whatever that's worth). Has that Warwick / Spector vibe to it. For the pennies on the dollar that I paid for it, couldn't be happier. Made in Japan, from my research between 1987 - 1988. A little bit of cleaning, some new strings and she's good to go.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Never heard of them either but it looks like a very comfortable playing bass. Congrats!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.