NBGD - Vik Fanned Fret 7 - vid inside

• Thread starter Fred the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

just_kosteg

Reaction score
Congrats with amazing axe!

Are those ABM single string bridges comfortable? I heard differrent opinions about that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Quinny

Reaction score
What a great pair of guitars to compare! As ever, great playing too - though looking forward to a listen at good volume after work.

Really, really interested in a Vik..... definitely on my shortlist for a fanned-8 build, though I'm not sure I want to go down the custom route with a small builder again. Ever. :D

Fred, what are the specs on the Blackmachine?
You'll find more about it at:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/163527-double-ngd-blackmachine-jaden-rose.html

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
DAT ROSEWOOD

WUT IZ IT

Seriously, is it Brazilian?

I love Vik's headstocks, they're just great. Interesting that you put a maple board on a rosewood neck, dunno why.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
always liked that axe, just not a fan of the headstock on that one.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Indian RW FTW :)

Indeed, but I know Vik had some leftover Brazilian from pre-CITES. It does look pretty dark and red, whereas Indian's usually lighter and more brown in my experience.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Congrats with amazing axe!

Are those ABM single string bridges comfortable? I heard differrent opinions about that

Even though I already replied to this via PM (had missed it on the thread before), I'll just leave it here, as these aren't too common around there:
ABM makes some of the best hardware around, and the individual bridges they make are actually quite comfy while having a rather big adjustment range. I have them loaded on my B7 and Jaden Rose FF7's, for example:

Jaden2.jpg

P1010425.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

jfb

Reaction score
Vik's stuff melts my face. GAS to the extreme. And as always nice playing, killer tune.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Even though I already replied to this via PM (had missed it on the thread before), I'll just leave it here, as these aren't too common around there:
ABM makes some of the best hardware around, and the individual bridges they make are actually quite comfy while having a rather big adjustment range. I have them loaded on my B7 and Jaden Rose FF7's, for example:

Jaden2.jpg

P1010425.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

I have them on my RAN Crusher FF8 as well. Really like them a lot.

Latest posts

')