NBOHTMYOEGD (New Book On How To Make Your Own Electric Guitar Day)

Rashputin

Reaction score
So I got this bad boy in the mail today. I started reading it and I have to say Melvyn Hiscock has written a good book here. He uses an informal language to explain a lot of practical stuff. The book starts out very basic, but actually gets into a lot of the very practical things and details that I'd rather find out in a book than find out the hard way by fucking up and wasting money in the process.

I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in how a guitar is made, but also how it is constructed. I'm planning to build a guitar from scratch with my own design and layout some time, and I guess this book is a great first step i getting some knowledge. So far I've only built a Warmoth Flying V, but I'd love to learn more about actual lutherie (luthiery? wtf...i don't know which one is right). Anyway, just thought I'd recommend this book to you guys. Many of you will already know it as it is one of the more known books on the subject.

51fAJPU-a1L._SL500_.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Yep, just bought it myself recently for my 8 string project. While I was a little dissapoibted with the 'finishes' section and would want a little more detail on how to get a neck on a blank body I have learnt and am learning a lot from it.

dansk_84

Reaction score
This book is a great way to get started with guitar building, absolutely love it!!

')