NC&RCD (New Cab & Road Case Day) - Slightly large pics and lots of em

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Actually got this on Friday night but I didn't have time to take pictures of it as I was celebrating my purchase :drew:! And Saturday I went to an all day Blues Blast, so there went that picture taking time. But I thoroughly enjoyed the Blues Blast (..and on a related not The Insomniacs are really good)!

Anyways, I got probably the most EPIC deal on this... lets just say I paid about 350 less than the cab would have cost brand new..and the road case came with it too! The cab itself is in near PRISTINE condition. Its from like 2005. Go figure. Tolex looks like it could've come right off the floor at Guitar Center. Speakers are broken in nice and sexy like, and it sounds amazing! Bottom line, I got this for a STEAL!!! :metal:

Oh and for anyone familiar with Job For A Cowboy, I bought this from their former guitarist. This is the same cabinet used to record the DOOM EP! How sick is that?! Pretty fucking sick, I say!

Anyways :idea: ... Less chit chat, moar pix

2010_02_28008.jpg

2010_02_28017.jpg

Scratched up road case? Yea, well that's what they're for!

2010_02_28024.jpg

2010_02_28026.jpg

Oh you get the idea, there's 4 of those suckers...

What the hell kind of cab is it, you ask... Well I'll give you a hint it starts with "M" and rhymes with "place-a" :lol: ... Not that you would've known by my updated gear status in this post anyways

2010_02_28028.jpg

2010_02_28038.jpg

2010_02_28047.jpg

2010_02_28045.jpg

Kali the Calico kitty approves :agreed:

2010_02_28079.jpg

2010_02_28076.jpg

Like I said... cab is in near pristine condition... those spots on the side are little specs of nothing. Ignore them. :lol:

2010_02_28069.jpg

2010_02_28091.jpg

And my rig :hbang:. Now that makes two matching mesa cabs in the band...

2010_02_28096.jpg

And one more for good measure... :)

2010_02_28086.jpg

Enjoy. I know I do/will

P.S. Such a great improvement from my POS behringer cab and from the Peavey JSX cab I was using. Though I still like the Peavey JSX cab.. sounds darker and idk how to descibe it, but still. Now, I have my dream cab (except for the fact that it's not straight, but oh well..at the price I got it for, I could care less)!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm so ridiculously stoked on this shit! I can't believe the deal I got on it. I still can't believe that I really have this cab.

:shred: :lol:

LOUDONE

Reaction score
Sick setup! I love how road cases have quality casters... I always thought it would be cool to use retro skateboard wheels...

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
Sexy cab and great deal man, that's pretty awesome that it was used on Doom too.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice. I wish I had the trunk space (and back) for a road case for my 4x12, as well as all my other gear. Unfortunately, being the only guy moving it and trying to fit it into a sedan just doesn't work out :lol:

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Gooodddd I want a tri-amp so bad. Too sick!

Just realized thats a Duo Tone, but either way H&K = win

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
...Tolex looks like it could've come right off the floor at Guitar Center...

I don't know about your GC's, but around here, that might mean that it looks like someone chained it to the back of a truck and dragged it for a quarter-mile.

Nice score!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
God I want a Mesa so bad :( Congrats! I saw JFAC a few weeks ago, not too bad live. Not my thing though.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I saw JFAC a few weeks ago, not too bad live. Not my thing though.

:lol: + 1, same here. All I can think of when I think of JFAC is how I went to see a show with ASP & Hate Eternal on the same bill, and the kid in front of me (who is going to be seeing Derek Roddy in a matter of hours, mind you) is going on and on about how good Jon Rice is, because he does 'windmills' (head spins) through whole songs while playing. I didn't see the kid later, but remember wishing I could have seen his head explode when he saw Derek playing.

Unfortunately, we found out later that Hate Eternal cancelled, because Eric was sick... that really killed the night for me.

/tangent

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Thanks all! Yea Alex, the Duotone is pretty much amazing (even for heavier shit). The only way it could be better is if it were a Tri Amp haha

..On a related note, that's exactly what Andrew, the former JFAC guitarist, has currently! I was so jealous when I went to pick up the cab from him.

JJ, that's why you employ the help of band members to lift it and let you use their truck :lol:

I don't know about your GC's, but around here, that might mean that it looks like someone chained it to the back of a truck and dragged it for a quarter-mile.

Nice score!

And either something is wrong with your G.C. or something is extremely superior about ours, because at the one closest to me the Mesa shit on the floor is in perfect condition aesthetically (and has hardly been played to boot)!

And finally, as for JFAC, I've said it before but I'll say it again, their new stuff just doesn't cut it. And by new stuff I mean everything AFTER Doom and the Entities Demo. But that's more like an opinion. :)

Latest posts