NDG : Skervesen Raptor - many pic`s

• Thread starter Birdman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
Actually I don't see a resemblance to the Raptor here, but yours is more akin to the BRJ guitars I've seen. Huffy started using the same cuts as Blackmachine so I'd say your guitar might be easily pulling some influence there too. :D

Skervesen is going for the Blackmachine market...I thought that was pretty obvious in what the guy was saying originally. Huffy is doing something similar, but i'm guessing his name of .......... has nothing to do with the Blackmachine name. :nuts:

I feel there are going off of the same widths as well as bolt on placement, but what's wrong with having somewhere to start and then innovating after time goes on? That's what many companies do. I do agree that they are going for the Blackmachine market though. I personally love the look, but that's not really what matters. What matter's is how it feels. Until we hear what OP has to say about how it plays, my lips are sealed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel there are going off of the same widths as well as bolt on placement, but what's wrong with having somewhere to start and then innovating after time goes on? That's what many companies do. I do agree that they are going for the Blackmachine market though. I personally love the look, but that's not really what matters. What matter's is how it feels. Until we hear what OP has to say about how it plays, my lips are sealed!

I wasn't knocking the actual build at all, just responding to another user who deleted the pics of their guitar that they mentioned Sker was pulling influences from. :hbang:

I've seen nothing but quality work from Sker to date and i'm hoping to see a lot more come. Besides, there are very very few builders that are actulaly NOT drawing influences from other builders or manufacturers these days, myself included.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting... cause i'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Neither Jarek or Maciek came to me asking me if I wanted a custom built by them, I went to them..... but regardless, no harm done, they deserve the business.

You think BLackmachine is trying to cash in on the Sker market? I'm very confused.

My statement meant that Sker is tapping into the demand for Blackmachines by building guitars that are basically emulating the exact style and materials used by BM right down to the type of binding. Since BM was doing this for quite some time, i'm saying that Sker is emulating them.

Amanita

Reaction score
You think BLackmachine is trying to cash in on the Sker market? I'm very confused.
i think he's merely stating that Raptor model was created as an answer to an explicit demand from customer(s).
there is no reason anyone couldn't order something original from them, eg. my bass, still awaiting delivery of pickups, designed by means of exchange of thoughts and ideas between Jarek and me :)

Amanita

Reaction score
Well... to be fair to Brain, I'm pretty sure the very first skervesen guitar posted here was http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/200010-ngd-terrormachine-skervesen.html about as close an exact blackmachine copy as possible :lol:
sigh. as stated a number of times in that thread, as a one-off, for a friend, after he bugged them mercilessly for it ;)
none is denying Blackmachine inspiration, that is clearly what market wants ;)

edit. just to keep them facts straight. http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/dealers-group-buys/198498-skervesen-guitars.html
this would be the first Skervesen guitar posted here. didn't make nearly as much splash as the Terrormachine thing, one could wonder why ;)

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I understand. And I have no issues with that. I was just trying to illuminate (what I think) Brian was getting at.

And note, that wasn't really a one off -

Some of my custom guitar....

Next up is my Skerveson Chaos Machine... built by Skerveson Guitars, a custom shop out of Poland... it's a bit of a Black Machine knock off... but there is actually quite a bit that is different about it... even the headstock is changed a bit since there are a few things about the BM headstocks I don't like... this guitar is just a workhorse.. plays excellent, and is totally different from my other guitars in terms of tonewoods... I did a different spin on the backplate... they custom engraved my bands logo, and the reason for "Chaos Machine"... is the name of my band is The Chaos Agent...

Specs:

Swamp Ash Body
Thin Ebony Top
Rosewood Neck
Ebony Fingerboard
Hipshot Open Gear Tuners
Stainless Steel Frets
25" Scale
22 Frets
Bareknuckle Warpig Pickups (Ceramic)

Chaos1.jpg

Chaos4.jpg

Chaos3.jpg

Chaos10.jpg

Chaos14.jpg

Just so I'm absolutely clear -
I don't care either way. I bear no ill will towards Skerveson, it just seems like the market for Skerveson and Blackmachine have a lot of overlap (which I'm pretty sure was Brian's point).

Edited to make it even more clear: If I could order a "Chaos Machine", I would :lol: because getting a guitar out of Doug seems to be an exceptionally tough thing to do, and you guys seem to be much more open and productive :)

Skervesen Guitars

Reaction score
Well, that was a moment when I simply broke up and made the guy the guitar he wanted. As he's saying, it's his workhorse and we didn't want to make a big deal of it. It wouldn't be a problem for us to make Blackmachine replicas fulltime but we don't want to base our company on someone else's success our whole life. Fortunately, we don't have to do it for a living, our company's other business is enough to support us :)

And quite frankly, what makes us most happy, is this whole Internet hype, your e-mails, NGDs, waiting for new pictures, and so on. Somehow, this is the greatest satisfaction for us!

mcrdsd911

Reaction score
Great looking guitar man :) regardless who built it. It kicks ass !! all these guitars have there own special touch. To all builders , Thank you for kick ass sexy guitars and propably the best costumer service ever !!

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
it's a Blackmachine with a different name on the headstock, and hopefully a different price tag as well... but HNGD !

Birdman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

thanks you all for the kind words again.
After a week and a few days ago I would like to give you a little feedback about my Skervesen Raptor. I`ve played it every day since I have it.

First I have to say...... IT`s a KILLER GUITAR and I`m really happy with it:fever:

The build quality is absolutely fantastic. It plays really nice, feels very very smooth and sounds very balanced. It is a Tone Monster:hbang: I highly recommend the guys at Skervesen and their guitars.

')