Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pacifica

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dhruv Erry

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently own a Pacifica and am looking to buy a sexy iced tea Epi 335 Pro.

preview.jpg

I went to the guitar store today and tried an Epi LP and an Epi SG. The former was very comfortable and playable. However the neck of the SG was way too long for me (my left hand stretches for a D chord compared to the Pacifica).

photo_2020-09-10_18-54-07.jpg photo_2020-09-10_18-54-04.jpg

Can someone tell me whether the 335 Pro will feel more like a Pacifica/LP or the SG?

Any info would be good.
Thanks

PS Excuse the shaggy look

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Splenetic

Reaction score
If you look at the neck of the 335, you can see it's set with the fretboard being a bit further into the body area, much like an LP. I don't think you'll have the same issue. This is one of those SG quirks that some people notice more than others.

Dhruv Erry

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you look at the neck of the 335, you can see it's set with the fretboard being a bit further into the body area, much like an LP. I don't think you'll have the same issue. This is one of those SG quirks that some people notice more than others.

Yes actually that's one thing that encouraged me. Those couple of cm.s might just be the difference... thanks also for confirming that it is indeed an SG 'quirk'

Splenetic

Reaction score
No problem. Yeah, the neck combined with the resting point on the smaller body being a bit closer to the bridge in the sitting position kinda has that effect, especially in the position you held the guitar in those pics. For what it's worth though, you do get used to it after a while and it's less noticeable when standing. Now I'm wondering if it's a factor in why I love playing SG type guitars haha.

Oh and yeah, forgot to mention, the SG's neck is actually shorter than the Pacifica, 24.75" scale vs 25.5". I'd say it's definitely that shift forward in position of the SG that's throwing you off.

Dhruv Erry

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No problem. Yeah, the neck combined with the resting point on the smaller body being a bit closer to the bridge in the sitting position kinda has that effect, especially in the position you held the guitar in those pics. For what it's worth though, you do get used to it after a while and it's less noticeable when standing. Now I'm wondering if it's a factor in why I love playing SG type guitars haha.

Oh and yeah, forgot to mention, the SG's neck is actually shorter than the Pacifica, 24.75" scale vs 25.5". I'd say it's definitely that shift forward in position of the SG that's throwing you off.

That makes sense (I didn't try it standing up). And yes, me having (only) played a Pacifica for 7 years must definitely have to do with it and I'd probably be able to get used to the SG...

...that said, it's great to know the 335 doesn't have that neck shift. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this beauty! $399, great condition, hard case included.

Thanks a lot for your help