Necronomicon

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
And, Ken, I thought a little bit more about what you said about Simon claiming that he translated the book from some old texts and never read Lovecraft. If so, then why are there so many characters from Lovecraft (and Clark Ashton Smith) stories present in his book? That alone disproves what he's saying. It just blows my mind how many people want to believe this is true.

I'll admit it sounds interesting, but it's no more than a fictional book, masquerading as being real. Many people lump it (well, "them" since there are like 10 or more fake necronomicons) together with authentic occultic books, not being able to distinguish the genuines from the works of fiction.

he goes into it a bit in the book, seriously dude, if you got a spare 7$ to blow, its an interesting read, even if you look at it from a point of being a straight fiction book. I'm still highly skeptical of the whole thing, but like i said, it was a fun read.

and as far as it being an occult book, certain groups that practice aspects of the occult called "Chaos Magick" claim to use it anyway.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
See what I'm getting at?

Yeah, I see what you're getting at, but it still strikes me as silly.

Metal Ken said:
he goes into it a bit in the book, seriously dude, if you got a spare 7$ to blow, its an interesting read, even if you look at it from a point of being a straight fiction book. I'm still highly skeptical of the whole thing, but like i said, it was a fun read.

and as far as it being an occult book, certain groups that practice aspects of the occult called "Chaos Magick" claim to use it anyway.

It does sound interesting, but it would cost a lot more than $7 to get it over here. :lol: And I've got other stuff I'm reading.

Yeah, I've read a little about that "Chaos Magick."

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Yeah, I see what you're getting at, but it still strikes me as silly.

It does sound interesting, but it would cost a lot more than $7 to get it over here. :lol: And I've got other stuff I'm reading.

Yeah, I've read a little about that "Chaos Magick."

If my roommate ever gets done borrowign it, i'll just send it to ya :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
If my roommate ever gets done borrowign it, i'll just send it to ya :lol:

:lol: You might as well send me some cool CDs too.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't forget about Simon's _Dead Names: The Dark History of the Necronomicon_ that relates his story of how he came by the book. I've got it but haven't read it yet. It should be an interesting piece of fiction ;)

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
technomancer said:
Don't forget about Simon's _Dead Names: The Dark History of the Necronomicon_ that relates his story of how he came by the book. I've got it but haven't read it yet. It should be an interesting piece of fiction ;)

Thats the book ive been talking about with naren ;p

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
The Simon version is even more outrageously silly then the Necronomicon itself. I wouldn't bother wasting time reading it.

Rev.

gdbjr21

Reaction score
All religion is fiction, Just look at the Bible. Religion is something for us to belive in beyond ourselves, Its something we need as humans.I'm not religious at all, but right before my son went into surgery who was i praying to? God. Hypocrisy? Yeah, but I needed that in that moment.
Oh so I don't get too far off topic I read some of the Necronomicon. But I was too chicken to finish it.I'm way too superstitious.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Thats the book ive been talking about with naren ;p

:lol: ok, all your post said was he goes into it in the book, my bad.

Definitely interesting reading, I'm looking forward to seeing what he goes into in the new book coming out this month. Good fun :)

Rev2010 said:
The Simon version is even more outrageously silly then the Necronomicon itself. I wouldn't bother wasting time reading it.

Rev.

Actually it's quite entertaining. Now if you're looking for real occultism, go elsewhere, but it's still pretty cool.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
I'm interested in the occult. And lots of stuff like the Tree of life, shit like that. Weird I never saw this thread before, because not too long ago I was looking into the Nec.

')