Necrophagist New Album/ Gear Questions...

• Thread starter MuhammedSuicmez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
Someone just needs to conduct a complete interview for the main page when he gets off touring. This might stop the onrush of repeated questions.

I was actually due to do an interview with Muhammed during Hellfest last year for the site but unfortunately they had to pull out due to illness if I recall, shame really I was looking forward to doing it and no doubt one or two people on here were keen on seeing it too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
What practice routines do you suggest someone who wants to play complicated guitar riffs and sing at the same time do?

Reaction score
i've been playing active PU's for a while now...and the 707s are based on the EMG 85s i hear, having Alnico coils and all...way better than the EMG 81 type sound if you ask me. i really like the response and attack on those PUs...if you like the sound on the new album, you might wanna consider getting some...along with ENGL Savages...that's pretty much the setup fpr the new album plus some in depth engineering of course...

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on blackouts. Have you given them a try? What do you think of them compared to 707's?

Also, the jem that you used to record the solos, was it a floral jem? and was it completely stock?

Thanks.
Vincent.

mickytee

Reaction score
Hey Muhammed,

im a BIG necrophagist fan and have been for a good few years now, however, i feel kinda bummed that necrophagist are ignoring their home crowd and neighbours.

you havent played a gig in the U.K. since early 2007 and i doubt you will be playing there again until sometime in 2010.

should this prove to be true, it means you wont have shown your U.K/European fans any 'love' for 3 years despite them just being on your doorstep.

i think it kinda sucks that you can go to CAN/US/AUS regularly, but you cant tour europe.

sorry for the rant and i hope it doesnt sound like im calling you out. i just thought you should know that whilst you have a large fanbase in CAN/US/AUS, you also have a large fanbase in europe.

thanks for reading, i hope all is going well with the recording.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
And I was thinking, "Ah, some guy is using Muhammed's name, isn't that cute?"

Well, I guess it's the real man after all. :lol:

Can we see some pics of the 7 string Xiphos so the forum can collectively wet itself again? :rofl:

:ugh: That is exactly what I thought.

Sevenstring.org is now ZEH MOST FEARED FORUM IN ZEH WEBZ OKAAY?

We're going to be famous man...we'll have steve vai, loomis, azagthoth and JESUS up in here :cool:

welcome, ze prophet Muhammed...

Dries

Reaction score
If you want to talk to Broderick, he is active on his own forum. Chris Broderick - Ultimate Metal Forum

Also +1 on touring Europe, but if I remember correctly, Sami said in an interview there will be a European tour after the release of the new album...

aarongericke

Reaction score
Hello Muhammed! It is so awesome to see my favorite guitarist of all time give feedback to other players. I just have a few questions about the upcoming album and your musical interests. I hope you have time to answer them.

1)Have you considered doing any clean tracks on the upcoming album? Don't get me wrong I love how you have managed to create great dynamics without the use of clean tracks, but I wonder how awesome it would be to hear you guys do some clean intros or interludes(maybe even a clean solo?) Spawn of Possession has done it quite well in some instances, but I'm sure that Necrophagist could do it even better.

2)Are you very familiar with Spawn of Possession's work? and have you ever considered touring with them? I would probably drive to anywhere in North America to see a show featuring Necrophagist and Spawn of Possession!

3)Are there any new bands or musicians that you find particularly interesting? or that perhaps remind you of yourself?

-Answers would be greatly appreciated.

george galatis

Reaction score
1 why you gived a greek name to your band? is there any special reason? (it's very cool)
2 about your new album....when it will be finished? 2010? 2011???
3 it's gonna look like the last ones?
4 with the new 7th....are you gonna change your sound for now on?

thank you :hbang:

PhillCantu93

Some guy, I suppose.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Muhammed!

I have a question of my own, and I'm sure everyone else would like to hear the answer to this as well (excuse me if this has already been asked before): Are there any plans to make a production version of your custom 7-string Xiphos? I'd hate to be forced to drill a bunch of holes for a trem-bridge into my XPT707FX only to have an atrocious tone with the final product.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Wow, this forum gets some really cool/talented players.

I just wanna say hi and welcome. All the questions I had were already asked, so I won't pester you with more. Looking forward to the new album, especially the concept behind it. Keep up the amazing work and keep it metal! :D

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
dude -_- i'm from cyprus....i speak greek.....ISN'T LATIN!!!!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Necrophagist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Necrophagist (Greek for "eater of the dead")[2] is a German technical death metal band, founded and fronted by Turkish-German guitarist/vocalist Muhammed Suiçmez. The band is known for its rapid and technical compositions
The name originates from the Greek root words "nekros" ("dead")[3] and "phagos" ("eater of").[4]

read please -_-

so i wanna know why Muhhammed gived a greek name to his band

IIRC he's answered that before, and it was just because "eater of the dead" is a fucking metal band name :lol:

blackseeds

.... blog snobs
Reaction score
hey muhammed
what's the new album called?
and what happened with your xiphos?
i saw you playing with a white rg1527 with the maple fretboard (btw i got the blue one ;D)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
hey muhammed
what's the new album called?
and what happened with your xiphos?
i saw you playing with a white rg1527 with the maple fretboard (btw i got the blue one ;D)

IIRC the album title wasn't posted, but the Xiphos got broken on tour (fell over and neck broke) so he grabbed the rg1527. LACS is making him another Xiphos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')