Necrophagist New Album/ Gear Questions...

• Thread starter MuhammedSuicmez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
On that note, is Sami now also with Ibanez? Or is he sticking with Amfisound?

Can't wait to see you guys back here in Munich again, any idea when that might happen? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I have no questions at the moment that haven't already been addressed, but welcome to the forum! :wavey:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
hey man, it's great to have your here :metal:

i have some questions:

1) since you're now also using 7's, will you still use ENGL SE's live?

2) which pickups are you using on your LACS 7 ?

3) any plans with Ibanez about a Muhammed signature 7-string ? :D

4) do you have plans on using 8-strings at some point? (extra high a-string, or low E)

:metal:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
1) Tuning of the new album? A D G C F A D?

@ 1) correct!

I know that Necrophagist plays in D standard and that on the new song posted on YouTube they are in A so...

A D G C F A D ?

my guess was correct! :D

Muhammed, we heard from people on here that hung out with you at a Summer Slaughter show that you said the album was 75% done...

when might we expect to see it in stores?

I can't wait!

Reaction score
hey man, it's great to have your here :metal:

i have some questions:

1) since you're now also using 7's, will you still use ENGL SE's live?

2) which pickups are you using on your LACS 7 ?

3) any plans with Ibanez about a Muhammed signature 7-string ? :D

4) do you have plans on using 8-strings at some point? (extra high a-string, or low E)

:metal:

1) Either SE's or Savage 120's depending on continent/availability.
2) EMG 707's
3) again, the sky's the limit, but signatures are not the holy grail.
4) no. 8 string guitars don't make any sense to me. excuse my ignorance.

On that note, is Sami now also with Ibanez? Or is he sticking with Amfisound?

Can't wait to see you guys back here in Munich again, any idea when that might happen? :)

Sami is with Ibanez, too. He is quite picky about gear, so him joining reaffirmed my choice.

Munich has always treated us well, and upon release of the new album, we will emphasize touring Europe more than any other continent due to us being absent there for a few years, and Munich will always be on the list of every EU tour...logistical reasons behind it...

Piro

Reaction score
Just one quick question:

Why did you end up with 707s? From everything I've heard/tried they seem pretty bland/lifeless. Why didn't you go with the D-Activator 7s? Or another way to ask the same question: Why the change to active?

Anyway, when I saw you guys in milwakee at the rave it was sick! Please come back to the Chicago area as soon as you can!

Reaction score
my guess was correct! :D

Muhammed, we heard from people on here that hung out with you at a Summer Slaughter show that you said the album was 75% done...

when might we expect to see it in stores?

I can't wait!

I can't wait to share it with our loyal fans...who don't care about release schedules and the machinery of making money, aka 2 year album cycles, just like ourselves...so it will be out when it's ready.

but yes, each song has materialized anywhere between 50% and 100%, which makes for an estimated average of 75%.

i am really happy about how it sounds so far...definitely a step up from 'Epitaph'...

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
as i'm finished getting wet, and everything i wanted to know has been answered already, all i have to say is:

welcome aboard, and hope to see you in vienna again soon! :)

død

Reaction score
Any chance you'll visit Norway? My friends and I really need to see you guys live!

Reaction score
any chance of some pics of your LACS? :)

i am still waiting on the guitar, last time i visited LACS, we went through the final specs. if i am lucky, LACS might deliver it to the Summer Slaughter show in LA. but that's just wishful thinking...as soon as i get the chance, i am more than happy to post pics...

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
i am still waiting on the guitar, last time i visited LACS, we went through the final specs. if i am lucky, LACS might deliver it to the Summer Slaughter show in LA. but that's just wishful thinking...as soon as i get the chance, i am more than happy to post pics...

must be exciting times for you. I remember you being frustrated in the past, first for being dismissed by Vigier and then getting that BC Rich which you disliked.
I'm glad you're getting the gear you deserve!

Reaction score
do you guys have any ideas/plans for album artwork yet? concept album of sorts?

yes!!! it will be a full blown concept album and i really like the story and writing the lyrics is more fulfilling to me than ever...

the ideas i gathered for the artwork so far are really exciting to me, i think the booklet(s) will blend in with the music very well...

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
4) no. 8 string guitars don't make any sense to me. excuse my ignorance.
The sky's the limit. :D

Welcome here, i hope we won't scare you away and maybe you'll find some interesting/useful info on here.

And if i may bother you, why is the headstock on your LACS not reversed? :squint:
Just kidding.
The real question is: If you want to share this info... Do you have a warmup routine before playing (because it's important for the muscles)? If yes, of what does it consist?

Dylan S

Reaction score
Muhammed,

I am interested to know what you thought of playing through Dual Rectifiers on your Australian tour. When I see a lot of bands here in Auz they are using gear different to what I understand they normally use due to it being a huge expense to bring amps so far, etc.

Did you find the Dual Recto good for your style of music? and did you consider using something else or was your choice fairly limited?

Can't wait for you to come back! :D

Reaction score
Just one quick question:

Why did you end up with 707s? From everything I've heard/tried they seem pretty bland/lifeless. Why didn't you go with the D-Activator 7s? Or another way to ask the same question: Why the change to active?

Anyway, when I saw you guys in milwakee at the rave it was sick! Please come back to the Chicago area as soon as you can!

i've been playing active PU's for a while now...and the 707s are based on the EMG 85s i hear, having Alnico coils and all...way better than the EMG 81 type sound if you ask me. i really like the response and attack on those PUs...if you like the sound on the new album, you might wanna consider getting some...along with ENGL Savages...that's pretty much the setup fpr the new album plus some in depth engineering of course...

IDLE

Reaction score
Wow! Welcome!!!

First off I want to have your babies!... haha... I'm only halfway kidding... :ugh:

Do you consciously write albums to sound cohesive or do the songs just fall together that way? I say this because Epitaph flows really well as an album, the songs have a sort of symmetry with each other. I can put it on and listen all the way through without the urge to skip around like some other albums.

Congrats on the baritone. I've played a 7 baritone for a while now and I can say they definitely have clear low end. Sometimes the upper registers seem to get a bit glassy sounding if you don't EQ them right, but otherwise they are awesome.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope we don't scare you away like we did to Broderick :lol:

Welcome dude :wavey: I can't wait for the new album.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
:eek:

Must...not...gush.

Can you give us a sneak peak on the story behind the new album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')