Necrophagist New Album/ Gear Questions...

• Thread starter MuhammedSuicmez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
Hey Muhammed! Thanks for hanging out after the show in Atlanta and shooting the shit with us. Definitely an awesome experience for all of us :yesway:

I'll second the question about your influences. Other than that, great to have you on here! Keep melting all of our faces, man.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate, you're one of my favourite death metal guitarists out there at the moment.

My question is: Do you practice alot while on tour, if so, do you have any practice regimes?

Reaction score
First off welcome dude! It's really cool to have not only a great community but the number of amazing guitarists that are coming to this board is fantastic; it truly makes SS.org a great place for learning and sharing information. So thank you very much for contributing.

If you can't get to my questions that's fine BUTTTT:

1) Do you have any suggestions for someone who wants to start doing heavy vocals? Like videos to watch or anything? I'd really appreciate it.

2) Do you usually write vocals and then a song or the other way around?

3) When you record, do you record the guitar and sing at the same time or do you separate them and then combine them later?

4) Last but not least, if you are really dead set on not releasing a tab book, would it be at all possible for you to just upload the GP files to your website? That way we could get accurate tabs (so we can attempt to play your songs, big emphasis on attempt) and then you wouldn't be "trading money for knowledge"?

Thanks for reading dude :hbang:
ugh it'll be hard to answer every question, i appreciate the heartily welcome though. i will do my best to answer as many questions as i can...

1) no idea, sorry! just try like i did.
2) no most of the time it is the music that comes first.
3) recording separately.
4) i think part of my philosophy is NOT to transcribe any music that's not my own. you shouldnt take lessons or transcribe other band's music that much, as that will just influence your style too much. we want originality, nobody needs more copycats.

Wow Welcome aboard!

My questions are:

1: Has your solo style changed at all for the new album

2: Any tours planned after Summer Slaughter? Would love you to come back to NJ

3: What was it that made you switch to a 7 string in the first place?

4: Have you ever checked out any of the Necro covers on Youtube?

5: Any thoughts on Between the Buried and Me? Would be fucking awesome to see you both tour together

1) yes it has. writing riffs OR solos feels very different this time around. most of the time i don't even know which scale i am in. i just play by ear. very refreshing!
2) none. until the new album is released.
3) i wanted to try something new and write heavier music. done right, a 7 string can provide that.
4) not really, but i heard a lot about them.
5) very cool band.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
wow, hi and welcome Muhammed! thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions for us.

i saw an interview where you explained that you are very conscious about details, like how you hold the pick (something about just changing the angle of the pick one degree if thats better).

lately ive been experimenting alot with strings and my questions are:

1: are you this picky about string gauge as well? (did you ever experiment with it?)

2: what string gauge do you use on your xiphos?

good to have you here, cant wait for the new album! peace

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome! you're such a huge inspiration to the new generation of metalheads dude, it's people like you that have brought a new dimension to modern metal that was so sorely needed.

Just got a couple of questions:

1. What's your favourite bit of gear that you absolutely can't live without? (not including guitars!)

2. I take it you guys only dual track in the studio (1 left, 1 right)? Do you ever quad track anything?

3. Apparently this has been answered already :lol:

Thanks mate, you sir are the shit! :hbang:

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
3. Will you stop at 7 strings? Have you tried the 8 string and do you think you'll ever make use of it?

1) Either SE's or Savage 120's depending on continent/availability.
2) EMG 707's
3) again, the sky's the limit, but signatures are not the holy grail.
4) no. 8 string guitars don't make any sense to me. excuse my ignorance.

:wavey:

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I think what we all want to know is.....

You got room for a lefty guitarist in the band?

It looks real cool to have a lefty and a righty standing next to eachother.:cool:

:lol:

Welcome to the forum sir.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Cool to see another seriously proper player in here... :bowdown:

Don't be dicks, everyone!

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Holy shit, I'm so glad I signed in today! :hbang:

Welcome, and enjoy your stay. No questions atm, but I'd just like to throw out that "Epitaph" is one of my favorite metal songs ever.

SS.org right now: :minions:

:yesway:

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
My 2 questions:

1) Do you have any points for playing while singing being you are the master of it.
2) What are your thought of classical and or favorite composers being you had that nice section of Montagues and capulets at the end of only ash remains that made me almost jizz myself the first time i heard it.

Snorelax

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, It's great to have one of my favorite guitarists on here!

It would be awesome to see what you could conjure up with Tosin :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')