Necrophagist

• Thread starter Stitch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
So, I was at the Darkest Hour/Between The Buried And Me/Misery Signals gig last night, and who do i meet at the bar but Dusty from BTBAM? So we get chatting about things like beer and gear. Apart from the sad recording questions (I won't bore you with details), I was asking him what Ibanez S models they were using (Custom shops, since you ask:)).
Anyway, i then say to him "Well, thats all well and good, but real men use seven strings :)fawk:) to which he sucks on his teeth and goes "Well, i've got enough of a handful learning to play 6. But did you know that Muhammed from Necrophagist has just signed to Ibanez and is writing his next album exclusively on 7 string?"

FUCK.

Necrophagist, at the best of times, are nothing short of incredible, and brutal as fuck. After his vocals, Muhammed's sick-as-fuck sweeps and ridiculously tight playing are my favourite things about the band. I hesitate to think the sort of metal he could forge and administer with that set-up - Ibanez 7 + awesome technique + ENGL + great band + killer vocals.

I truly am dreaming out loud here, but what do we think of a seven string version of his reverse headstock'd Ibanez Warrior-type axe?:agreed: :agreed:

Please god....

Anyways, thought you would like to know! Seemed apt for the 7 string section...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Ya I talked to stephan when they passed by here in Montreal with Cannibal Corpse, and if I understood well what he meant, it WILL be that warrior type guitar of his, but in 7 string format!

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
so it is possible its a production model? wow.. If it comes in quilt tops, You know it will be damn awesome... All I ever wanted in a guitar is Ibanez feel, with a Jackson shape.. lol

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
But did you know that Muhammed from Necrophagist has just signed to Ibanez and is writing his next album exclusively on 7 string?"

I couldn't care less about what guitar he is using, but the fact that he is moving to sevens is very good news indeed. :D

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A Muhammed sig 7 series would be fucking sweet.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
so it is possible its a production model? wow.. If it comes in quilt tops, You know it will be damn awesome... All I ever wanted in a guitar is Ibanez feel, with a Jackson shape.. lol

I foresaw some mention of quilt tops from you :fawk: :hug:

I couldn't care less about what guitar he is using, but the fact that he is moving to sevens is very good news indeed. :D

Indeed. But the shape would be cool - something other than a superstrat - something of which Ibanez is long overdue.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
aye, and Ibanez seems (from what I've heard) to be moving in more adventurous directions...

...8 strings? Pointy guitars (the vblade)...wtf?

aha...2007 FTW

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
That's all right. You are endorsed by KxK, get free Road Kings and have your own action figures...

...its alright for some...

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
That's all right. You are endorsed by KxK, get free Road Kings and have your own action figures...

...its alright for some...

wait a minute.. he IS an ac...

Oh, I need to go to bed now. That was just too lame. :nuts:

Anyway, supercool news that Muhammad is gonna use sevens now :D

Another one joins the fold, and this time, it's a big one :D

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
He also said a few months ago on the old forum that "the new album will make epitaph look like Kindergarten class" :)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :shred: :shred:

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
I sit here now in my Necrophagist hoody and it was FINE news to see, as I am getting ever closer to purchasing my first seven-string guitar as well. Haha. I really do feel as if I need a good Ibanez 7 to perfect my sweeps and articulation. :shred: Thanks for the heads-up! It took mohammed quite some time to churn out the material for Epitaph.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, he posted a while ago on his forum that he's having Ibanez make him a 7.

I don't think it'll be a sig, though - he just said it was a custom.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
If you want that warrior shape it's easy:

But a warrior and make/buy an ibanez neck, easy :lol:

')