Need a good drawing program

Kammo1

Reaction score
Dude that is bloody "AWESOMME!!!!!!!!!!!!" Is blender a easy programme to use ? I would love to do this myself rather than paying extortionate prices and get someone else to do this !!! I'm gonna Google this as I type, thankyou sir :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kammo1

Reaction score
Just visited the site and looked for the free download and now am kinda stumped which one shall I download ? I have Windows XP on my home PC, Any chance you could post a link ? thank you :)

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I use DeltaCAD at work for simple schematics associated with the procedures I write. While it might not be the best of tools, it gets the job done and a full license is like $29.99.

Edit: 2D only as far as the version I have is concerned.

psikoT

Reaction score
Is blender a easy programme to use ?

I think it's easier than sketchsucks, however, guitar modeling requires specific techniques and some advanced skills... Anyway, it depends on the model, so good luck in your travel.

AwDeOh

Reaction score
I might start a thread on 2D/3D modelling, I suspect we have a few gurus here that'd be keen to share their wisdom, and a few young padawans looking to soak up the knowledge. :)

AwDeOh

Reaction score
I'll start one tomorrow when I have some time.

Anyhow I've been playing with the Rhino 5.0 3D trial (30 days, limit of 25 saves). My only experience is with Sketchup, so the concepts are familiar, and I'm picking it up pretty quick for a newbie. Definitely worth a look.

I say this because I just spotted this on the Wikipedia page:

The development is on-going; version 5.0 released in November 2012. Development of a Mac OS X version is in progress; beta version is available on request.[1] Rhino owners can download the latest beta versions and participate in the development process.

Rhino OSX

It runs on OSX 10.6.8 or later, dunno if what your version is but since others brought it up I thought it might be worth a look.

OfArtAndArsenal

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'll keep an eye out for that one too. I downloaded blender. Started watching tutorials because I don't have a clue what to do with it yet.

')