NEED A NEW AMP BUT NEED HELP OMGLOLZORCOPTERZ!!@!!cos(0)!!@@!1112!

• Thread starter jemandvai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jemandvai

Reaction score
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:hey guys, i am looking to buy an amp , thats has versatility. I love the sound of petrucci and he uses MESA MARK but i also love the sound of synyster gates. Im looking for a amp that is going to be able to get me fairly close to both of their sound. i was looking at mesa boogies, but i dont want to spend an arm and a leg for one. any recommendations at all would be great i need as many as possible thanks you, tyler:hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Devon8822

Reaction score
Mesa Boogies definitely aren't the most expensive amps out there. There are some great amps for good money though. Obviously the Peavey 6505 is a great amp for the money, and the new Randalls are excellent. People are just starting to realize how good the T2 and V2 are.

AzzMan

Reaction score
Boosted Marshalls will get you into that territory, any Mark 3/4 should do it for you, or a Recto. Those are probably your best bets if you don't want to go a 'more expensive' route.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Guitarcenter.com's used section has all kinds Rectos at various price points. I personally recommend a dual rectifier boosted with a tubescreamer. Never played a Mark, but that will get you pretty dang close to Petrucci's tone.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Used Mesa mang, you can probably score a Mark III for cheap, at least you used to be able to.

You could also get a Rocktron Pirhana preamp and a cheap tube poweramp (Peavey 50/50 or 60/60 would work great) and you'd be able to get a similar sound. If you REALLY want versatility, the Digitech GSP1101 preamp will get you pretty close to those tones and much, much more.

Latest posts

')