Need a new amplifier, any suggestions?

• Thread starter EdibleVypyr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EdibleVypyr

Deviant Devil
Reaction score
So I've been using the Peavey Vypyr 100w for the last year or so, and as great as it is it's so scratchy at about the halfway/quarterway mark on the volume. I'd like something that can connect to an eleven rack and has some beautiful tones

PS:
I've also been looking at a few of the diezel models, and a dual recto. They seem quite shweet..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Mesa/Boogie Mark V.

/thread

:)

EDIT: Use the 4CM with your 11R, btw.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Mesa/Boogie Mark V.

/thread

:)

EDIT: Use the 4CM with your 11R, btw.

Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. The Eleven Rack can be finicky in these situations.

Did you want the Eleven Rack to be your main amp, or did you want to connect your (new) main amp to the Eleven Rack?

EdibleVypyr

Deviant Devil
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, greatly appreciated :bowdown:

QUOTE=Given To Fly;4066870]Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. The Eleven Rack can be finicky in these situations.

Did you want the Eleven Rack to be your main amp, or did you want to connect your (new) main amp to the Eleven Rack?[/QUOTE]

I wanted the new amp to connect to the 11R. A great example of this would be how Anthony Armstrong in Red connects the dual rec head to it.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
beuberschallhead-xl.jpg

AgileButt

Reaction score
Are you using a cab? I'd suggest Laney Ironheart, and what model would depend on your budget. Even their cheaper models like the IRT Studio/IRT15H are brilliant.

Yokai08

Reaction score
a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100. Really great for metal with a boost in the front but can do almost anything else as well.

EdibleVypyr

Deviant Devil
Reaction score
Are you using a cab? I'd suggest Laney Ironheart, and what model would depend on your budget. Even their cheaper models like the IRT Studio/IRT15H are brilliant.

I'm looking to buy a cab soon, but just to be clear: the new amplifier will be going through the 11R and the 11R will be used to record everything completely.

Reaction score
I also recommend the Mark V. I can do any tone imaginable with mine, and it's spot on every time. Jack of all trades, and a master of all of them. It's omnipotent, wise, and can probably cure serious illnesses too.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Peavey ultra plus....
I don't know if connect 11rack though. Don't use that stuffs.

Reaction score
Friend just grabbed a Laney Ironheart for $500 on ebay... Sounds killer with a boost. If I had the cash I'd get a Randall 667 (Fortin Meathead). Running a 6505 that's been bias modded with a custom tube set from Doug's and it sounds killer though.

EdibleVypyr

Deviant Devil
Reaction score
I think I've come to the conclusion of using a Dual Recto with an 11R using the slave out, although i'll need a cab to carry all the load coming from the Dual Rec.. oh bawlls

')