Need Advice on a Mix!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oli

Insomniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Are your guitars panned hard left/right? I can't really tell.

For the eq, try low passing 9-10k. Don't boost frequencies. Personally, I don't really post process guitars that much, I always try to get the best sound possible before processing.

Also, what does your chain look like?

Vinny554

Reaction score
Are your guitars panned hard left/right? I can't really tell.

For the eq, try low passing 9-10k. Don't boost frequencies. Personally, I don't really post process guitars that much, I always try to get the best sound possible before processing.

Also, what does your chain look like?

Yes, they are panned 100% Left and Right.
What do you mean by Chain?

Vinny554

Reaction score
What all are you running your guitar's through?

PODx3, clean signal mostly, then the amp sim is actually on Garageband. Usually I run it through POD Farm, but for some reason when I moved the POD over to my Mac, I don't have access to like any of my amps. So fucking pissed.

aturaya

Reaction score
Why are you using the Garageband amp sim when you have a Pod X3? Use the POD. It'll sound way better. The guitar tone sounds like it has nothing past like 1000 hz

Vinny554

Reaction score
Why are you using the Garageband amp sim when you have a Pod X3? Use the POD. It'll sound way better. The guitar tone sounds like it has nothing past like 1000 hz

Because POD Farm for some reason will not load a damn amp on my Mac, don't know why.

aturaya

Reaction score
Why not just use the Pod X3 for the tone instead of Pod Farm? That will literally fix almost all of your mix problems and will sound identical to pod farm.

Vinny554

Reaction score
Why not just use the Pod X3 for the tone instead of Pod Farm? That will literally fix almost all of your mix problems and will sound identical to pod farm.

I don't know how to make tones on the POD itself, I did it all through Farm. Is there another way?

aturaya

Reaction score
You have one of these right?

Just use Line 6 Gearbox
599957_0_original.jpg

Vinny554

Reaction score
You have one of these right?

Just use Line 6 Gearbox
599957_0_original.jpg

Gearbox is not working as an add-on either! It works as a stand-alone, but once I record in a tone, there's no changing it unless I rerecord it all over again.

')