Need advice on my next guitar purchase

• Thread starter RestyPad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RestyPad

Reaction score
Hello everybody at Sevenstring.org!
I've recently picked my old guitar and started playing again after many years of inactivity, but my axe is an LTD ec-10 and I'd like something that kicks more ass.

I've faily new to the whole guitar thing but I have been researching about pickups and I've read EMG should be an okay choice for a metal guitar (oh yeah, forgot to mention, that I strictly play metal and all the subgenres as well).

Since I live in europe, I use Thomann for my guitar purchase.
I've narrowed it down to four guitars:

Epiphone LP Prophecy Plus EX
Epiphone LP Matt Heafy Signature Model
ESP LTD EC-401
ESP LTD h351nt

There's a 175 dollars difference between the prophecy and the LTDs, which is quiet significant and I'd like to keep the budget as low as possible.
Also is there any other good guitars in the same price area?

TL;DR I've narrowed my next guitar purchase down to four guitars and I need advice for which one I should buy.

Thank you very much in advance :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

josefh

Reaction score
Go for the LTD Ec-401 they are fucking nice for the price!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
If price is a very large concern then definitely go the LTD route. Assuming you like the general feel of your ec-10 you can go for the 401 which will be a large step up in features and quality. If you want to try a different body shape then go for the 351-NT which is equally as nice, you just wont get the grover tuners that the 401 has.

I don't have much experience with with the Epiphone's but the LTD's are geared towards the music you prefer and have a very thin, light and fast neck/feel.

Latest posts

')