Need advice on some crazy stuff

• Thread starter johnythehero
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Gaga

Reaction score
I was just reading about Keith Caputo from 'Life of Agony' going through this, check it out, he, or should I say 'she' now goes into detail about the pressures and hardships associated with her gender transformation.

Have you ever watched the video for Got Monsters? It's absolutely heart-breaking, I can't watch it without breaking into tears.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
Depends on how 'Christian' she is. Is she evangelical, or more moderate? If she is evangelical, she will not take nicely to having a homosexual son. I've heard stories about evangelical Christian parents evicting and/or disowning their gay children.

My mother is a believer, but was never bothered about homosexuality nor other 'sins'. As such she wouldn't care if I were gay.

In short, if she is evangelical, I'd hold it off until you're secure. If she is like mine, go ahead.
Shes hined aat being ok with gays but I have gotten a lot of heat when transgender people come into disucssion because god made men to be men and women to be women :noplease: and thanks for the crazy amount of help and that picture gave me a lot of hope like you have no idea

groph

Reaction score
I was actually kinda waiting /hoping for you to post because your the only other gay guy I know on here haha. I probably will do just what you said. I feel weird getting this kind of advice from a guitar forum, but that just proves how awesome you guys are

Ah, there's a few more. This board is a safe place for non-heteros. I've witnessed two guys come out on this board since I joined in 2008. If they haven't posted in here already they'll probably come out of the woodwork.

I've talked to a transgendered man once. I was blind drunk at one of the queer bars in Halifax and I was talking to one of the bartenders about the bar's history because I was curious if they always let straight people in. It was drag night and later I struck up conversation with one of the men in drag who I really have to refer to as "she." Biologically male, can't afford the sex change, HIV positive, gay, mid fifties, she's been around. Always felt like a woman in a man's body but she said to me explicitly that she's a gay man. I don't really understand the lifestyle and surely there's a huge variety in genderbending individuals.

You're looking at the world through a unique set of eyes that see a lot of things the eyes of heterosexuals can't see, or choose not to see because they feel uncomfortable and challenged. I won't patronize you with the "it gets better" shit, all I can really say is that it's fascinating how not black and white gender really is, and I (as much as I can over a forum) support your enduring bravery through life. I imagine you've taken some shit from people and you'll probably take it all your life if things keep going the way they are. I'm straight, I support gay rights, feminism, and I try as hard as I can to not contribute to the culture of hatred towards queer people. Friends are out there.

As far as your mother goes I have no idea. Not a situation I had to live through and I don't know anybody like you. I know a few lesbians who have to keep their lives under wraps because their fathers are assholes but that's about it. Drak's advice is probably pretty sound. Give yourself a few years since you are still young, once you really know who you are, it's not going to change and it's simply going to be up to your mother to accept it.

Lady Gaga

Reaction score
Shes hined aat being ok with gays but I have gotten a lot of heat when transgender people come into disucssion because god made men to be men and women to be women :noplease: and thanks for the crazy amount of help and that picture gave me a lot of hope like you have no idea

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

It's absurd for someone who is Christian to be against transgender people, especially considering that god did not initially create men and women, he created Adam first and did not intend to create women until Adam asked him for a companion, so he created Eve from one of Adam's ribs. According to the creation myth, male and female did not come about because of god's design, but because of Adam's request.

You might want to have a quick read of this too: Survey | Strong Majorities of Americans Favor Rights and Legal Protections for Transgender People : Public Religion Research Institute

Support and acceptance for transgender people among the religious mightn't be as bad as we assume.

Jontain

Reaction score
I think that you being so open about it is a great step, like most on here I think it is awesome that you have made such a choice and are happy to admit it. Nothing braver than that in my books.

In regards to breaking the news to your mum or other loved ones it could be a difficult time but in the long run I would say its worth getting it done as you should 'ideally' be able to feel comfortable as yourself around family. Also when you get to telling your mum try not to get to defensive about it as it will probably 'shock' her anyway and things that shock tend to need time to sink in before people can rationally deal with them.

The other thing is parents tend to blame their child's choices on their own mistakes or way of bringing you up etc etc, it should probably be explained that this is your own choice which has not been influenced by her upbringing.

I would say if your grown up about it and fully explain how you feel about it to your mum then (while maybe not straight away) she will understand. She is your mum and deep down she loves you as a person and not as a gender.

I hope you find happiness and it all works out.

Jontain

Reaction score
^ you just decide for everyone who might have had these feelings?... while that may be true for some dont assume it is for all.

I'll apologise for using the word choice but it seems a bit pointless and pathetic to pick up on that as I wasn't flaming anyone and infact saying how brave I think people who come to terms with this are. Stop stirring crap.

Reaction score
I'm not stirring crap, and sexuality most certainly isn't a choice. I'm not going to argue that here and go OT but go fuck yourself for insulting me. If you want to hate don't ruin the kids thread, send me a PM telling me how much I suck or something.

Jontain

Reaction score
Sorry but who is insulting who? Im not hating in the slightest, you just picked up on a word i used and decided you would change how my entire post comes across.

I'd imaging most people can see I was trying to support and not start an arguemnt about whether sexuality is a choice, grow up.

OP I hope it goes well for you, and hope my comment didnt come across as offencive because of the word 'choice', jeeze.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Sorry but who is insulting who? Im not hating in the slightest, you just picked up on a word i used and decided you would change how my entire post comes across.

I'd imaging most people can see I was trying to support and not start an arguemnt about whether sexuality is a choice, grow up.

OP I hope it goes well for you, and hope my comment didnt come across as offencive because of the word 'choice', jeeze.

Okay, I'm ending the argument right now. Stealth is correct, sexuality is not at all a choice, and is most likely due to genetic factors. But, you are obviously not putting any meaning in the word "choice", so I'm just relaying facts:)

The reason why choice is such a bad word is because if someone chooses something, then they can be cohersed to change their mind. And we would not want the outcome of that.

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
Sorry for not being able to reply for a while, I got caught up in finding out that like 4 guys here have all had crushes on me its kind of flattering haha, BUT it caused a lot of drama with their boyfriends...that and I had a project haha.Anyways, I didn't take any offence to it I actually didn't even notice it till it was pointed out actually. Regaurdless thanks for all the help guys. I think I am going to tell my dad before to long he is a lot less conservative then my mom (from what I have seen)

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I was actually kinda waiting /hoping for you to post because your the only other gay guy I know on here haha. I probably will do just what you said. I feel weird getting this kind of advice from a guitar forum, but that just proves how awesome you guys are
There are actually quite a few gay/bi guys on here.

And I know and love a good majority of them :lol: :wub:

And, although everyone else has pretty much said this too: I agree with Drak.

Jontain

Reaction score
Sorry for not being able to reply for a while, I got caught up in finding out that like 4 guys here have all had crushes on me its kind of flattering haha, BUT it caused a lot of drama with their boyfriends...that and I had a project haha.Anyways, I didn't take any offence to it I actually didn't even notice it till it was pointed out actually. Regaurdless thanks for all the help guys. I think I am going to tell my dad before to long he is a lot less conservative then my mom (from what I have seen)

Thats good to hear man, hopefully talking things through with your dad will help your confidence when it comes to talking to mum.

I am glad my misuse of the word 'choice' did not cause offence and that my point wasnt taken the wrong way by you as it was by some.

Let us know how you get one man :yesway:

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
Sorry again for taking so long but exactly did you mean by I hope you get one? I haven't yet told my dad as I am trying to find "the opportune moment"

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Razzy and Necris are bromos too.

42538.jpg

Also, to the OP :hug:

')