Need advise on new gear

Reaction score
I'm looking in changing my rig setup for live gigs. Currently I'm running a schecter C7 with nazgul and sentient through guitar rig 5 into clean channel of a Marshall AVT50H with Laney HCM412A cab. now since in most live situations you would use the back line provided I'm more interested in changing the pedal. Guitar rig 5 has been great to me but it's a hassle to carry around. I play mostly Atmospheric Doom/Death metal like early My Dying Bride and Doom:VS to mention a few. What multi effects unit would you recommend for my situation? Please keep in mind that although an AXE FX would be the mother of all gods it's a bit too high for my reach. I'm thinking more in the mid-high register with mostly metal oriented sounds rather then country and rock like most pedals tend to have.

Thank you all in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I own a Schecter Banshee Passive 6 and a KM-7 with those pickups and they sound amazing going into my Helix. I especially love them with the Uberschall, 5150 and Triple Rectifier models.

Helix would play well with your Marshall going straight into the front of the amp but I'd recommend using the 4-cable method to give you lots more options.

Reaction score
cheers for the tip :) what do you think about the HD pro? is it worth it or better to look somewhere else? the net is flooded with pro and cons reviews about it which end up in confusion.

ambler3

Reaction score
Only thing regarding running a Helix/Pod/Axe FX or whatever is the sound man. Often in smaller clubs & venues you can often run into subpar soundmen so at times you could have issues with monitor mixes up on stage.

With that said, i'm all for setups like that, so portable & easy to use.

Also regarding the POD, personally I would swing for the 500x, as it negates the need for a floorboard controller & makes it even more portable.

Reaction score
Only thing regarding running a Helix/Pod/Axe FX or whatever is the sound man. Often in smaller clubs & venues you can often run into subpar soundmen so at times you could have issues with monitor mixes up on stage.

With that said, i'm all for setups like that, so portable & easy to use.

Also regarding the POD, personally I would swing for the 500x, as it negates the need for a floorboard controller & makes it even more portable.

Cheers man! how would you setup the pod or whatever that may be in a live situation? guitar>(pod)>amp clean channel>cab? with amp/cab sim on or else?

lewis

Reaction score
wtf /\ why are you copying other peoples replies?

Did you try quoting it?

Latest posts

')