Need amp help for A tuning

• Thread starter frypot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

frypot

Reaction score
thanks yall!

i dont trust used for some reason. i would always feel like something was wrong or something.

so i guess ill be getting the 6505...is the 6505+ worth the xtra loot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
6505+ has a nicer clean channel, seperate EQ for lead and rhythm and is slightly voiced with higher mids/brighter.

6505 has a more thicker/nastier/ballsy tone.

frypot

Reaction score
6505+ has a nicer clean channel, seperate EQ for lead and rhythm and is slightly voiced with higher mids/brighter.

6505 has a more thicker/nastier/ballsy tone.

good, the gf is not going to be happy as it is....6505 it is

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Which tuning?
laughing+lizard.jpg

Cheap solution: Marshall valvestate halfstack

Expensive solution: Lots :p

WarMachine

Reaction score
thanks yall!

i dont trust used for some reason. i would always feel like something was wrong or something.

Dude, i got my 5150 off of ebay in 05......gigged like a ............ with it, played the guts out of it..and it was bought used. I've only had 1 issue with it and it was a quick, 1 day 60 dollar fix and its just fine, and that was about 6 years ago. no worries dude

NinjaRaf

Reaction score
Get it used. You are literally throwing money away buying a new 5150/6505 lol. They last forever.

Also, you can look at used Randall SS stuff if you want some solid tones for cheap, too.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
thanks yall!

Get out of that mindset right now. That's a good way to waste your money. Used gear is the greatest thing to happen since sliced bread.

I've literally never owned a new guitar or amp in my life. And so far, all of that still works after years of abuse.

Also, I'd recommend a Triple X over a 5150 simply because they go for cheaper and still get fudging brutal. That's what I use. I paid $400 for mine and so does just about everyone else. Check out the used section on the Guitar Center website. That's typically the safest place to buy.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
thanks yall!

I'd try to lose that mindset if I were you :) A lot of my gear has been bought used, and I've yet to have a huge problem with any of it. In fact, I took a huge gamble on a Peavey 5150 combo (knew nothing about it, shipping across the 'States), and I simply adore it. There are an endless amount of great deals to be had in the used market, especially for a 5150/6505.

frypot

Reaction score
thanks all!

what if there is a problem with it? as i always seem to luck out and crap things like that happen to me... is it expensive to take to the store to get fixed? like they are cheap parts inside etc etc?

rebornself27

Reaction score
thanks all!

what if there is a problem with it? as i always seem to luck out and crap things like that happen to me... is it expensive to take to the store to get fixed? like they are cheap parts inside etc etc?

No need to worrie Peaveys are built like tanks if something fails there easy fix almost every tech has there schematic cost could be anywhere from $25 to $300 being the worst possible but repair on alot of amps can be that bad solid state or tube but i dont think you will have to worrie on a peavey 5150 or peavey xxx

mongey

Reaction score
I know where your coming from not liking 2nd hand. 4 years ago when I bought my mesa I was coming off 2 years of amp woes from a cheap amp and the thought of getting a new amp and having issues made me want to kill myself so I bought new

If I could go back in time I'd buy used . well made tube amps are pretty much bullet proof and most fixes are minor unless someone does soemthing complelety stupid and burns out a transformer or something

7stringDemon

Reaction score
thanks all!

The reason I say Guitar Center is the safest is because their used stock on the website is all of the in-store used sections combined. And Guitar Center will only take in used gear if it works properly.

vick1000

Reaction score
...And Guitar Center will only take in used gear if it works properly.

I love GC due to their return policy, but that is simply not accurate. A more accurate statment would be..."GC will only take in used gear...if it makes noise.". Most of their employees probably have no clue whether or not an amp is actually "working properly", or is just producing sound. You can take my word for it, I have done massive amounts of trading with GC.

incinerated_guitar

Reaction score
I dont know how you feel about shipping from the US, but I do actually have a Peavey Triple XXX up for sale right now for 500. Honestly, its a MONSTER of an amp. And extremely versatile. WAAAY more gain than the 5150 even and the clean channel is amazing. It actually sounds nicer to me than my friends fender tweed:lol: And I can ASSURE you that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the amp ;) I find buying used is actually the way to go anymore :yesway:

')