need another 7string - opinions please

• Thread starter Thrawnsonic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thrawnsonic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am basically looking for another 7string. Want tremolo, as my Jackson is without one and my archaic Universe floyd is awful and worn out. Also, I want multiscale / fanned frets.
Been looking at Solar, Abazi and Ibanez. Any thoughts are welcome :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
your post is a tad misleading. Are you looking for a straight 7 with a trem, or a multi scale with a trem? If multi scale with a trem, I think the only easily available option is an Aristides.

Thrawnsonic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well good luck finding much multiscale tremolo from those companies, if any.
This is the reason for my post in the first place. I am looking to see if anyone in this esteemed group has found any decent ones.

Thrawnsonic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
your post is a tad misleading. Are you looking for a straight 7 with a trem, or a multi scale with a trem? If multi scale with a trem, I think the only easily available option is an Aristides.
multi scale with a trem, yes. I did not know there was such a limited supply of these. I thought my searching capabilities were malfunctioning...

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
multi scale with a trem, yes. I did not know there was such a limited supply of these. I thought my searching capabilities were malfunctioning...

Yeah then you’re either looking at Aristides or Strandberg.

Thrawnsonic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, guys - much appreciated.

Last edited:

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
In terms of QA and build quality, for a 7 multiscale with trem, the safe bet would be Aristides or Kiesel custom (less costly option).

Last edited:

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I saw this 8 string Dean on Ken Sorcerons Facebook. Wonder if they'd make a 7 like this

FB_IMG_1656282530357.jpg

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you want multi-scale 7 with a trem, Strandberg and Dean are about it off the top of my head.

')