Need Hardshell Case For Jackson COW7

• Thread starter SailorwigZ81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SailorwigZ81

Intrinsic
Reaction score
Recently picked up a Jackson COW 7 and read that jackson didn't make a hardshell case for this model. I was checking out the Jackson/SKB Dinky/Soloist hardshell case. Would this be fine for the guitar? Would the neck on the 7 be too wide? Help Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What you need to worry about on Jacksons is headstock space and area surrounding it? The pointy nature of these headstocks means your case should have a bit of area around the headstock to give it some space should anything happen. It might fit the Soloist Hardshell case but remember those are made for recessed 6's with floyds - you have a larger 7 string headstock and a TOM - it'll be a very tight fit (I think) when you go to close it.

Best thing is go to a GC and try the Gator/SKB cases and buy one of those. Also Jackson did make a hardshell case for this model but considering it was discontinued a while back and you most likely picked yours up used you wouldn't have gotten it.

SailorwigZ81

Intrinsic
Reaction score
I was thinking the same. Searching the bay and google didn't amount to much. Will definitely Check the SKB/Gator cases to see what works best. I need something heavy duty to store on a naval ship during underways. It can get a bit rough when the seas get choppy.

')