Need help about the pickup

• Thread starter axechain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

axechain

ByoSeven
Reaction score
can the sound change if i put the pickup upside down, it`s a blaze custom dimarzio pickup, cause after reinstalling it i can feel change in sound it became warmer and not as hot output as it had...
and if there can be a change in sound how to reinstall it correctly?
thanx maybe it just me:nuts:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Loserchief

Rokuban Taicho
Reaction score
i'm not sure if the BC has mismatched coils, but the fact that it got warmer and has less output probably means that it's now farther away from the strings(meaning mounted lower) you can go back to the old sound by raising the pickup

axechain

ByoSeven
Reaction score
the thing is the high of the pickup is a little lower but the problem is with the 7th string with gain so other six strings sounds nice but the 7th string has less gain

axechain

ByoSeven
Reaction score
yeah tried that but i think the Blaze Custom:noplease: is not the right pick up for heavy rhythm like meshuggah and such, this pickup opens for leads very nice:yesway: but for rhythm it`s weak:rant:
what you guys can rwecommend for the heave rhythm and my guitar is rg7321, maybe x2n7 or D Sonic?:shred:
to have very nice and tight low end and a very nice high gain solid sound

and i know that M7 is a great one but it cost too much almost 200 eu for a pickup is insane:nuts: :wallbash:

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
The D Sonic is great, can't go wrong with that. The Evo 7 is suppossed to be really good as well, either of those should produce a tighter rythem tone

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I'd take an EMG over a passive, too.

But if you don't want to route, and you want brutal, get a D Activator 7. They're pretty crushing.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
The BC is actually really great for rhythm in my experience. If you want a Meshuggah type sound, try the regular Blaze bridge model. I think they have a few 7-strings that have Blazes instead of M7's in 'em. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think someone had said that the guitar in this video has a Blaze in it.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
i guess we never established offically yet of seymour duncan is making those black outs in normal size also huh, do the lundgrens need routing?

axechain

ByoSeven
Reaction score
but what about a x2n7 pick up is it any good looks like a dimebucker on steroids

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd actually suggest lowering that string's polepieces rather than raising them. Depending on your string gauge the magnetic pull of passives seems to mess around with B strings quite a bit.
Regardless, the BC isn't exactly the king of clarity. In DiMarzio I'd go for a D-Activator, otherwise, if you can swing the cash a Bare Knuckle Miracle Man or ceramic Warpig.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
The BC is actually really great for rhythm in my experience. If you want a Meshuggah type sound, try the regular Blaze bridge model. I think they have a few 7-strings that have Blazes instead of M7's in 'em. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think someone had said that the guitar in this video has a Blaze in it.

I dunno, looks like an M7 to me. Matte black covering. Lol. Then again that's all I have to go off of.

Anyways, it's kind of funny that M7s are more expensive ordering from Lundgren than Conklin (ordering in the US from Conklin they're $210 a pop -- 155 euros).

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score

That's a Blaze with black hex poles, Correct. They really started using Lundgrens around the time they got the first custom 7 & 8's from Nevborn, which came with those. Then then started out fitting many of their axes with them. This was right around the time when they were just finished recording Nothing, if I remember right.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
^ Really? But it's got that 33 inlay at the 12th fret. Didn't he get that guitar around the time of Catch 33?

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Really? But it's got that 33 inlay at the 12th fret. Didn't he get that guitar around the time of Catch 33?

At around 20 seconds in the video it says "Sol Niger Within", which was released around '99. I guess it's pretty possible that it's pre-Lundgren.

Shaman

Reaction score
Yeah, that video has been around for ages! Long before Catch33, so yeah, I would say they are Blazes too.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
The first version of Sol Niger was even release all the way back in '96. The '99 release is a remix with a few different parts and a far better sound.

Latest posts

')