Need help analyzing my technique

• Thread starter FirasKordi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
Hey guys , so I've corrected some of the mistakes in my picking and fretting hands and decided to post a more diverse video this time,I hope you criticize me fairly and honestly.
(please dont mind the audio quality , i filmed it from an Ipad and used Guitar rig plugged directly to my laptop,so it was bit of a mess).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tyler_faith_08

Strings of Chaos
Reaction score
Everything seems pretty good. The only real recommendation that I have is to use a metronome. The chromatic piece and one before that were off by a little bit.

As far as how you play (not sure how much this video showcases that) I'd recommend changing chords a little more. Pedal tones are great for learning ideas, so long as you don't rely on them. Learn the ideas in several keys. Get a capo and fret the low B or E and play pedal tones with those.

As far as just technique, you're doing very, very good for how long you say you've been playing.

SamRussell

Badass
Reaction score
When practising bends, play the target note first, hear it in your head, then bend the string up until you reach that note; that'll help make your bends really accurate!

With vibrato, you could try doing the above, but bend the string up and down from the target pitch in time to a click, say about 60bpm. With your vibrato, the depth and speed varied hugely, sometimes within each use. Doing it this slow will let your ears catch up and give you more control over it.

But for 2 years of playing that's pretty impressive! I sucked when I hit two years haha

SamRussell

Badass
Reaction score
When doing lead stuff straighten out your thumb rather than have it bent too.

')