PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Hi! Some girl at school whos popular/hot is really into this place by us called "Melt". It's a restaraunt that serves only grilled cheese in various forms. It was popularized by this show called "Man Vs Food" for it's "Melt Challenge" which is a 5 pound 13 cheese grilled cheese. She said she wants me to go with her, and take the melt challenge. I want to impress her, but my eating skills are average. I watch alot of Kobayashi/Chestnut (Im a legit pro eating fan) and I know one of the key methods is to eat a large amount, then do sit ups before your stomach contracts back to its normal size, in effect stiffening your stomach in place, but I dont have time for this. Is there a way to just be endlessly hungry? Thanks for any help I can get. Any tips at all will do.

I hope I can be a pro eater some day though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuF74dmD7gg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
What ever happened to grabbing coffee? Quiet dinner and a movie? :rolleyes:

Here's my advice: don't eat yourself into an oblivion and ask her to coffee. If she really likes you, she'll go. You might get lucky that night.

If she says no you'll end up eating yourself silly, and if you do actually get lucky that night your bed will end up smelling like vomit, diarrhea, sweat and shame (what else is new?).

Nah, I'm just taking a piss. Don't drink too many liquids while eating.

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
What ever happened to grabbing coffee? Quiet dinner and a movie? :rolleyes:

Here's my advice: don't eat yourself into an oblivion and ask her to coffee. If she really likes you, she'll go. You might get lucky that night.

If she says no you'll end up eating yourself silly, and if you do actually get lucky that night your bed will end up smelling like vomit, diarrhea, sweat and shame (what else is new?).

Nah, I'm just taking a piss. Don't drink too many liquids while eating.

Any reason why not to drink too many liquids?

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Takes up a lot of real estate, you'd be surprised. Makes throwing up easier, though. :cool:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Eating to score girl = bad
Eating because that shit is delicious = good

I say eat the grilled cheese because it's delicious and and you want to enjoy it. Don't sell out in an attempt to get laid. I dunno who, but somebody let the cat out of the bag that men like to do stupid shit in an effort to get laid, therefore women will let you do stupid shit and then force you to go home with blue balls.
Also because women are such mind-fucks, chances are that even if you did manhandle that sandwich, she'd probably freak out and be disgusted and ditch you. Better to enjoy the sandwich at your own pace and to hell with the girl.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^Nah, she'll take three bites and make him pay for it. Then she'll forget the to-go box.

Let her get her salad.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
5 lb grilled cheese eh? The sounds positively disgusting. Then I think that professional gluttony stuff is pretty retarded.

My advice is remain sensible, 'pro' eating is just a way of saying retarded skill less fool that is put on a national freakshow to amuse the masses. Albeit the masses are pretty easy to amuse.

Coffee though, coffee is delicious. Professional coffee drinker, now there is something I could get behind (but as an researcher I may already qualify for).

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
This sounds kind of stupid. Random hot girl tells you to eat a ton of food.

wat

Oh, and I'm not saying do it, but I hear that there's this stuff called marijuana that makes you hungrier...
:ugh:
:lol:

The only advice I can offer is to get used to eating a whole lot to prepare for it.

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Eating to score girl = bad
Eating because that shit is delicious = good

I say eat the grilled cheese because it's delicious and and you want to enjoy it. Don't sell out in an attempt to get laid. I dunno who, but somebody let the cat out of the bag that men like to do stupid shit in an effort to get laid, therefore women will let you do stupid shit and then force you to go home with blue balls.
Also because women are such mind-fucks, chances are that even if you did manhandle that sandwich, she'd probably freak out and be disgusted and ditch you. Better to enjoy the sandwich at your own pace and to hell with the girl.

^^^ irrelevant. Girls + Food = Win always.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Well I can eat 2 lbs of food and not get sick from it. The secret is being young, and INHALING the food. That's just what I do. People sometimes ask me " do you even taste the food? you eat so fast!" :lol: Let's put it like this. I downed a 1 lbs burger in a matter of 6 minutes or so, well I was a hungry man! Just make sure you're hungry, and inhale it.
That's just me though cause for my body it works every time.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^Bad idea. Pro eaters say one of the main keys is pacing yourself.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
Well I can eat 2 lbs of food and not get sick from it. The secret is being young, and INHALING the food. That's just what I do. People sometimes ask me " do you even taste the food? you eat so fast!" :lol: Let's put it like this. I downed a 1 lbs burger in a matter of 6 minutes or so, well I was a hungry man! Just make sure you're hungry, and inhale it.
That's just me though cause for my body it works every time.

Everybody knows that exhaling is way tr00'ler than inhaling... :metal:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^Then you're already starting off at the wrong angle. Boning her is like, an integral step into becoming an arrogant man.

')