Need help deciding on an low budget 8 string

• Thread starter Kavnar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kavnar

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first 8 string and I have around £550 (around $850) to spend. The problem is the only guitars in this price range are Agile's and the new RGA8. The other problem is that it's incredibly difficult to get an Agile into the UK.
So does anyone know of any other 8 string dealers in this price range?
And also has anyone had any experience with the RGA8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AmishRefugee

Reaction score
The Schecter Damien Elite 8 is only $600, but it's backordered EVERYWHERE

If they restock it any time soon, I'd look into that

Reaction score
you've got $850? ...for about $50 more you could have the Schecter C8 Hellraiser! which i own, and love!

Kavnar

Reaction score
I've been considering the schecters, but the neck just seems too uncomfortable for my hands. I really like the ibanez Necks. But in all honestly i would really love an agile. Even a second hand one. So anyone that's thinking of selling just let me know!

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Why would that be hard? Order online, it gets to your door, you're done :D

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Rondo Music Electric Guitars

just look at the prices and there you go.
The additional Shipping and customs fees involved in shipping an Agile the U.K. could possibly put an agile out of his price range.

To quote from a similar thread
I've shipped a bunch of stuff in from the US, including 1 Agile. You're looking at 20 - 25% on top of total shipped price in VAT & Import duty.
Oh, and by the way, you mark as gift & it doesn't matter. You have to pay on declared value (over 29 quid, I think, certainly not much more until it kicks in) whether it's a gift or not.

Kavnar

Reaction score
The additional Shipping and customs fees involved in shipping an Agile the U.K. could possibly put an agile out of his price range.

To quote from a similar thread

Thanks alot man, I might look into the lower end Agile 8 strings. Might just be able to afford one.

Reaction score
Thanks alot man, I might look into the lower end Agile 8 strings. Might just be able to afford one.

I shipped to the UK as did a friend of mine, with no problems and they ended up being not much dearer than the markup on any other guitar that we get over here.

Kavnar

Reaction score
I shipped to the UK as did a friend of mine, with no problems and they ended up being not much dearer than the markup on any other guitar that we get over here.

How much did it end up costing when in came into the uk? With the VAT and handling added?

FWB

Reaction score
If you have someone in the states ship you an Agile and mark it as a 'gift' is it still heavily taxed?

Demeyes

Reaction score
Ordering an Agile for Europe isn't too much hassle really. I got mine to Ireland and even with customs and shipping it wasn't crazy expensive, it was still a little less than an RGA8. The biggest problems with getting an Agile abroad is that you aren't covered under warranty if any problems happen and you might have to wait a few weeks/months depending on the model you order.

Kavnar

Reaction score
If you have someone in the states ship you an Agile and mark it as a 'gift' is it still heavily taxed?

No, if it's marked as a gift it wont be taxed at all.
But i don't think Rondo music would do this.

B36arin

Reaction score
I ordered my Schecter C7 Blackjack from the USA to The friggin Faroe Islands and didn't have the slightest trouble with it, you should be fine if you're in England. :) Tax laws in Britain are in all likelihood a LOT better than in the Faroe Islands, and I ended up paying the equivalent of about 150 pounds in import tax, the guitar costed $600.

schecterelite8

Reaction score
I own the hellraiser 8 and damien elite 8. good guitar but go with the ibanez or maybe a agile intrepid. Ibanez has that less hill feel on it and the agile has a fast neck. try before you buy if you can

Kavnar

Reaction score
I own the hellraiser 8 and damien elite 8. good guitar but go with the ibanez or maybe a agile intrepid. Ibanez has that less hill feel on it and the agile has a fast neck. try before you buy if you can

Funny you should mention it.
Bloodburst dual intrepid 8 standard sitting right in my hands.
Thanks for the advice though man!

')