Need help finding a good 1x12 tube amp

• Thread starter bklixuz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bklixuz

Reaction score
will be buying a 1x12 tube amp for gigs and traveling. Im used to my 5150 and having trouble finding a good 1x12 combo. I really dont know what combo to find that has my needs. Iv been stuck to my 5150 for years.
I only know of those good old amps (marhalls, peavey's etc.) so I need help and bring me to the modern age.
I play some trash/ melodic metal but more on good fender cleans, alternatives but in a band that Im gonna be joining, we play some wedding, family and entertainment. I prefer to use the amp every gig than using some multi efx.
the amp must be a dual channel with independent eq's each channel.
looked up on the bogner alchemist but found out they'r manufactured in china so NO for me. any brand will do as long as theyve got what Im looking for (mesa's, rivera, and other brands, NO amp with amp models and no made in china) budget is only $700 to $800 <- wish I could up that!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aiur55

Reaction score
i guess you could wait for that new Carvin V3M combo. Should be around $800 looking at what its made of. Whats wrong with chinese made stuff?

Overtone

Reaction score
You can probably find a used Mesa combo for that... I've seen used Recto-verbs and others around there on craigslist...

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Too bad you don't want anything china (what's wrong with china stuffs anyway?) because the new Bugera Magician looks like a really great combo.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
6505+ 1x12 is made in China.

I say Blackstar HT Club 40. $700 new, made in Korea. A friend of mine picked one up recently, and has his other guitarist playing his old JSX head, and the Blackstar is destroying the JSX.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Used Mesa DC series, studio calibre, F-30, etc. - the discontinued models.

Sippin40oz

Reaction score
If you look around your room i bet 90% of the stuff in there is made in china! Whats wrong with imported stuff if its good quality?

BabUShka

Reaction score
ENGL Screamer
Marshall JVM
Orange Rocker/thunder 30
A good old Laney with a TS in front..

depends on what you're lookin for.
All good amps imo.. Laneys are hugely underrated.

')