Need Help Finding Body/Neck

• Thread starter SailorwigZ81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SailorwigZ81

Intrinsic
Reaction score
Looking to start a new project 8 String. Customs are out of my price range and the DIY route isn't really an option. I'm trying to find places that offer custom bodies and necks. For the body ill probably go with area51customs.co.uk. The neck will prove difficult, I think. Basically, I want the same neck as the sc-608, but reversed (love reversed inlines). Any ideas would be amazingly helpful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OfArtAndArsenal

Reaction score
What is your price range? Also keep in mind that not all necks will fit all guitars. So if you are having the body built make sure they cut the neck pocket to fit the neck, or vice versa.

SailorwigZ81

Intrinsic
Reaction score
Price for the Neck probably won't be cheap. I need it to fit an rg2228 but have a reversed headstock with inline tuners in the fashion of the sc-608b. I'm trying to find the price f the neck itself. I already have someone to do the fretboard. I'm willing to spend about $500 on the neck.

OfArtAndArsenal

Reaction score
Doug at Soulmate Guitars makes custom necks. Really nice looking work. I had him quote me a 7-string neck-through with some fancy-pants woods and I think it was around $350, if my memory serves me (which it usually does not...).

')