Need help finding strings for my 7

• Thread starter AgileLefty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
i have the 27" scale Septor 727 with reverse headstock. i changed the strings for the first time today. i bought the Ernie Ball 10-56 set and with the reverse headstock, the low B and E strings barely reach the tuners. i wasn't even able to get it wrapped around one time!!

:wallbash:

so can somebody suggest some strings that will reach ?? pretty please :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
i have the 27" scale Septor 727 with reverse headstock. i changed the strings for the first time today. i bought the Ernie Ball 10-56 set and with the reverse headstock, the low B and E strings barely reach the tuners. i wasn't even able to get it wrapped around one time!!

daddario work great I fit them on my 7 strings and 8 strings...

my 7 have reversed headstocks and a 27.5'' scale for the BFG model....

ballr4lyf

Reaction score

That's odd... I used the 10-56 EB's on my 27" reverse headstock and didn't have a problem, aside from re-adjusting the bridge, but that's to be expected when going from 9's to 10's w/ a floating bridge.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
Floyds attach the string on the surface of the guitar.

Septors are hardtail and string-through.

Q.E.D.

yup, i think that's why mine didn't reach. it's about an extra 3 or 4 inches from the where the string goes in to the back of the bridge.

any other Septor 727 owners here that can help me out? i'm going to try the D'Addarios that Hufschmid suggested. hopefully they work

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I, too, use D'Addarios. All the strings reach no problem, and imo they sound better than EB's. Also, their 10 gauge pack has a 59 on top as opposed to the 56 in the EB, so you get some awesome tension, too.