Need Help Identifing ESP Guitars

• Thread starter badbach66
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

badbach66

Reaction score
I tried looking up the serial numbers on the net, didn't have any luck at all. Here's the first one..it's a black ESP explorer, it says "ESP Custom" on the headstock & "ESP Custom Guitars" & "made in japan" at the back.Don't have any idea what the pickups are, it says esp on the pup covers.

DSC02661.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

Here's the second one; it's a George Lynch Skull n' Bones guitar. But it doesn't look like the one in production right now, the graphic has a greenish tint to it while the current ones available are more colorful. The bridge is a licensed floyd while the current models have the original floyd.

DSC02674.jpg

DSC02675.jpg

DSC02676.jpg

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

Any help would be appreciated..I'm really interested in determining the exact models for these guitars & their current value as I will be putting these up for sale soon. Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

badbach66

Reaction score
I've registered at the esp boards; for some reason my account hasn't been activated yet. :=(

my god that beautiful lynch ESP has been treated like shit :(

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it!

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
looks like normal gigging wear and tear to me.

still a shame though.

do you see the rust on those strings? it may be a gigging guitar, but you can wipe your sweat off and at least attempt to keep the pickups from going rusty too

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
do you see the rust on those strings? it may be a gigging guitar, but you can wipe your sweat off and at least attempt to keep the pickups from going rusty too

that's impossible man, I'd do it if it worked. unfortunately my Horizon's Floyd hardware is going rusty :(

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
90's stock ESP's. The use of the Schaller trem on the Lynch is typical of this time. Weird about the explorer, they came with EMG's. THey both look Legit though. I'd kill for that Lynch, I have a collection of old Japanese ESP's. Let me know how much you are putting these up for sale when you come up with something.

')