Need help ID'ing an Ibby 7

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
For the record.

There is no such thing as a 742x/762x neck. both models used the SAME neck. The stripe/no stripe thing has to do with the year it was produced. From 199-2000 they used the one piece neck, and some time in 2000 they started using the skunk stripe necks.

They did both use the same necks, but the contour on the one piece neck are different from the skunk stripe. My 7620's are more sleek, while my old 7421 was more rounded, as are all of the other skunk stripe necks that I have played. Besides that they are interchangeable and were used on both 762X and 742X

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
They did both use the same necks, but the contour on the one piece neck are different from the skunk stripe. My 7620's are more sleek, while my old 7421 was more rounded, as are all of the other skunk stripe necks that I have played. Besides that they are interchangeable and were used on both 762X and 742X

That's what I was saying. They both used both necks.

I can see how what I said, left out the part that they do have different contours.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
So much confusion/misinformation out there on the RG7's. Just refer to this link from Jemsite.:yesway:

http://www.jemsite.com/articles-menu/ibanez-and-other-guitars-info/

RG7 Fixed Bridge Info;

30727b62.png

')